Poot25

Vinyl Mastrr V4?

Did the polling issue get solved yet?  I'd be curious.  Seems like a great option to have with the cuter.

Did the polling issue get solved yet?  I'd be curious.  Seems like a great option to have with the cuter.

NO and it's pissing me off because there customer support SUCKS!

I've had a ticket in for over 6 weeks now.  It took them 2 weeks to respond to my ticket and all they wrote was 

"Hi Jeff, Tony is the tech who can best handle this but he has been swamped with support requests and is working through them in the order in which they were received. Tony will be back with you shortly."  

A week later and still nothing.   

I then got an email from a Mary asking if I want to join there membership program because it provides free updates and tons of great benefits.

Here's part of that email.

"We've also been asked by several club members to include pay-by-the-month.

So easy-pay is now available for club memberships. This means you can now

join for only a month down and still save 10%

There's some great member benefits such as automatic updates and upgrades,

life tech support, unrestricted downloads and the right to activate up to

four (4) computers."

I responded to that email asking why the hell would I want to Pay a monthly membership when you provide such crappy support.  

Go-C Wraps

"Why would I want to pay money to get the same poor tech support for a product that was a huge let down for me.   I've had a support a ticket in for as long as I've owned the vinyl master software and I'm still waiting for a response. I've only owned the software 2 weeks!!!!!!

Over all I've had a bait and switch pulled on me.

Some of the features I was excited to get don't even work.

And I can't get any support.

The only response I've gotten from support was telling me they're busy.

Sorry I'll pass.

Feel free to pass this email on to someone that can help.

At the moment I don't even want to use."

That started something because I got a few replies.    

First Mary replied and stated they took out Vinyl polling because customers didn't want it.   WTF.  I call complete bull shit.

"Hi Jeff

Sorry to hear this! I just read your ticket... I see the note about Tony.

I'm not sure why it wasn't mentioned but all you have to do is Activate the

software from the Help (menu)...

In regards polling... we removed this years ago as no one wanted it at the

time. We do have the odd query so maybe the programmers will put it back in." 

Who the F--- wouldn't want polling?  And if it's already in there why would you pull it out because a few didn't want it?

Then I get an email from Tony asking me when I'd be available in the late afternoon/evening to see if we can get polling working for me.

"Hi Jeff,

Are you available this week at any stage in the late afternoon/evening, to arrange a log onto your system to resolve your area test feature not working, and look at the polling for you."

That was on Oct 20. I've emailed him a few times and I got NO response back.  It's now been 2 weeks since he sent me that email and I've gotten NOTHING.........

Can you tell I'm just alittle ticked off about this???

So.............  Buyer Beware!!!!!

It's just so nice when everything is automatic.   

When I need 5 decal I plug in 5.  I then look at the little plotter on the screen and see how much room I have on the left.   If I rotate the image and see there's less room and all 5 decals still fit I know I'm wasting less vinyl.  

I know as soon as things slow down and I'm not working til 2-3 in the morning I'll sit down and watch some video and try and learn it more.  But for know I'm just too busy to change my routine just yet.   

What cutter do you have that allows you to poll the size.  I was not aware any of the cheap chinese cutters allowed you to do that yet??

Not a cheap chinese cutter, uk. Says in his signature line he's "Rocking the Graphtec CE6000".

I have a feeling it will work with the Graphtec on a serial cable, though.

Yes but, if the cutter doesn't have the sensors, (cheap chinese) it cant 'see' the vinyl, regardless of the software's inclusion of the feature.

• Like 1

I sent in a support ticket earlier this week about both the polling and the fact that when I try print and cut my cutter won't communicate with the program. As far as the polling I know at least 1 person they fixed it for and if they didn't want it offered it shouldn't have been shown there. I did end up going with expert after carefully going through the comparison list.

• Like 1

That's cool they were able to straighten out the polling for some. Those additional features in the ExPert version do

seem desirable. just couldn't justify the cost for the limited use they would get in my small shop.

The stuff that drew me in ended up being mostly in the expert version. Time will tell how they handle my other concerns but I'd like to think that for the money they'd at least try.

The stuff that drew me in ended up being mostly in the expert version. Time will tell how they handle my other concerns but I'd like to think that for the money they'd at least try.

I take it you have opened tickets for the issues you are having already??

I have and got a response to send them copies of my setup for contour cutting and a message that they'd address the polling issue after that. They are slow but they do seem to be responding.

Update: they remotely connected to my pc tonight and fixed all of my issues. I believe that their support is basically a one man show and theyve been slammed with support issues but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Hi all.. 

Im running a MH721 cheep chinese gig, been great up until I got a desktop instead of running from my laptop, both running win 8.1  installed vm pro and activated on the new comp... Only to find it cuts the file sent to it then goes and starts cutting the last file it cut, or going back over the one it just did. Ive gone through all the settings between the laptop and the desktop and there's nothing different... I reactivated the laptop and its behaving fine, anyone any ideas as Im at my wits end with the amount of vinyl Im wasting at the moment. I have a support ticket open with VM but to say they are about as much use a fire guard of the chocolate variety would be an understatement.... the latest reply from there FB page was Tony is replying to to you hes sent lots of replies... That's strange all of a sudden Im not getting these? So mightily hacked off with them, its a great program but the Support and CS is terrible.... 

If anyone has any thoughts I would be most grateful!!! 

Dave 

Can't help your problem but my experience with vm support averages 30 days and apparently only one person does all the support. They say there's more but they all must be named tony

• Like 1

So....Skarekrow and Jaybird...are  you still happy with VM4?? I'm new to EVERYTHING here, learning Graphtec Studio and Inkscape. I have a new Graphtec6000-60, was looking into getting AI, but don't want to do the monthly thing. Signblazer is unsupported now and looks like I would have a TON of issues from reading that thread....

As I learn, do you think I should get the VM4 that could do design AND cut?? I wouldn't mind saving up the money to get a good program that could do both...

thanks guys...

FH

I'm still happy with it. All programs have their own quirks but vm has filled my desire for an all in one program. I wish I had it to learn when I was just starting out.

I use the custom effects for print work so for meit was worth it. It's like the graphtec buy the best you can or you'll end up upgrading later.

I know...that's why I went with the Graphtec....had to sell some stuff to get it that was near and dear to my heart (but didn't use it for over 2 years ;) )!!!

ok...SAY IT!!! I'M A HOARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Trust me I understand I cried when I had to sell of my goodies to close on the new store.

F-in-H wrote, "...Skarekrow and Jaybird...are  you still happy with VM4?" AND " do you think I should get the VM4 that could do design AND cut?"

Though it's my considered opinion that VinylMaster is one of the best Design & Cut programs available, (for me) it can't do it ALL.

My average workflow is heavy with raster related techniques which require a program like Photoshop (or Corel, Gimp),

Vm, though it has some useful pixel mod features, just doesn't have the raster chops I usually require.

My Vm purchase was initiated mainly by a need  to replace Signcut's subscription and Inkscape's text shortcomings.

It has proved to be much greater and a valuable addition to my tool bag. I'm pleased with my purchase of the Pro version.

• Like 2