Poot25

Vinyl Mastrr V4?

I believe it does but cant be sure cause I don't rely on the software to tell me if my file fits.

There seems to be little that was not thought of with this software.

The plotter modules seem pretty inclusive of all that's needed to do most any thing.

Your machine polls the material before cutting, doesn't it?

For me, the raster modules are the weakest link in the software, contrary to your experience.

Granted, I have fairly high skill levels in Photoshop so it's not a problem.

I knew it before buying and didn't expect to be abandoning Photoshop.

Same goes for Inkscape. There are certain things it's just more convenient for me there.

I have been working all the long with svg and png formats so there's no issues jumping from one program to the other.

WOW, looks like I created a monster with a question,lol Glad for the ones who have downloaded the demo and been impressed with it. This was why I posted here int he first place as I know I will not always get the answer I want to hear , but WILL get an honest and truthful answer! I plan on picking this up for myself after Skarekrows review.thanks again guys!

Hey guys, I have been experimenting with papilio vinyl and my inkjet printer for some stuff, can this be done with the V4 to print and put registration marks to contour from my printer to my Graphtec similar to the rip for large format?

I got the demo and after 30 mins of trying it out I was able to do everything learned in Scal3 and Inkscape. Plus things I didn't know were possible. No tutorials used, it's just easy to learn. As soon as the best price pops up, it's going in the toolbox. 

Disclaimer:   From a Noob with only 6-7 weeks of cut/design/learning time. Your results may vary.

Well I just got the email with my Serial number and Download links. 

I can't wait to start using the full software tonight. 

• Like 2

Quote myself> "... it looks to be useful, intuitive, and was reasonably priced."

More true every time I use it.

I am completely satisfied with the Pro version I purchased. Fits perfectly in my toolbox,

nestled between Photoshop and Inkscape. It is useful, intuitive, and was reasonably priced.

Closest product I've seen to Flexi but beat it out for me in that no dongle is required with Vm.

(I've never liked the idea of chaining a mechanical device to a piece of virtual software.)

There are a few shortcomings with VinylMaster, all small matters.

I'm hoping they deal with them in future updates.

I am loving VM Pro also. I LOVED SB but with knowing it would only be a matter of time before that will not be an option with computer/OS updates/upgrades I wanted to make the switch now before I HAD TO. I am still trying to get used to the node editing but it is getting easier with practice.

I'm hoping someone here can help.  

I'd like to be able to poll my media size from the plotter but the button is grayed out.   

Anyone know how to get it to work?   

I'm always using scrapes and cutting it to the edge and it'd be nice if the software would poll and let me know if I have wide enough vinyl in there.   

In flexi I could tell because it would Tile the image if it was not wide enough.  

Also.   why the hell is my image either vertical or upside down looking at the spool window.   I can't get it to show in a normal horizontal position.  

This is going to take awhile to get use to.   smh.

I emailed them about polling when I first started using VMP4 this was their response

"Currently there is no polling available on USB, but we are planning on introducing it very soon, and if you would like to receive an update as soon as it is available to test that it works on your cutter"

I also have the same issue with the image in the spool window.

I'm hoping someone here can help.  

I'd like to be able to poll my media size from the plotter but the button is grayed out.   

Anyone know how to get it to work?   

Also.   why the hell is my image either vertical or upside down looking at the spool window.   I can't get it to show in a normal horizontal position.  

I emailed them about polling when I first started using VMP4 this was their response

"Currently there is no polling available on USB, but we are planning on introducing it very soon, and if you would like to receive an update as soon as it is available to test that it works on your cutter"

I also have the same issue with the image in the spool window.

OK,    I'm starting to get alittle pissed off now.   

I downloaded and installed the Demo for Pro.  In it there was a bunch of really awesome tools to apply masks and crop the background from an image.  

Well guess what.............  It's not in the Pro software when you buy it.   Looks like it's only in the expert edition.  

Talk about bait and switch...... 

Polling button is there but you can't use it..............

Images are cut UPSIDE Down.  

Yeah... I studied the comparison charts pretty close before I chose and purchased the Pro version.

I noticed a good number of the (Raster) Image and Print tools were only available with the top, Xpert package.

Biased right from the start that Vm had little chance of replacing Photoshop in my tool box, it wasn't a deal-breaker

about the missing image prep tools.

It's true what they say, " Caveat emptor"...  (Buyer beware)

Here's a copy of the comparison chart from their website...

I believe what you were referring to is under "Effects> Power Clip" and

No, it's not included with the Pro version.

VinylMaster_Comparison.pdf

Yeah... I studied the comparison charts pretty close before I chose and purchased the Pro version.

I noticed a good number of the (Raster) Image and Print tools were only available with the top, Xpert package.

Biased right from the start that Vm had little chance of replacing Photoshop in my tool box, it wasn't a deal-breaker

about the missing image prep tools.

It's true what they say, " Caveat emptor"...  (Buyer beware)

Here's a copy of the comparison chart from their website...

I believe what you were referring to is under "Effects> Power Clip" and

No, it's not included with the Pro version.

attachicon.gifVinylMaster_Comparison.pdf

I took a closer look at the chart and realized my mistake.  It just really sucks because it was in the Pro software's demo. 

Talk about Bait and switch.  

Personally I'm starting to regret getting VM4.   I'm not going to comment on the design because I feel with more time I'll get use to using it.   It appears to do a good job designwise. 

What I'm really disappointed in is the cut options. Mine you I'm use to Flexi starter and I really like it.   I just hate having to go back to inkscape to fix a problem and then reload it back into flexi.  That's why I got VM4.  

Problems I don't like. 

1.   You have 2 options when it's showing the cut on the plotter image: Sideway or upside down.   You only have one check box marked Rotate and that changes it from sideways to upside down. 

I don't like that, It's just ignoring.

2.   You can't poll your vinyl size from your plotter.   If you're using scrap vinyl you have to measure it to see if your graphic will fit onto it.  With Flexi it'll poll the size from my graphtec and visually show me if the image will fit or if it'll have to tile the image.  From there I can decide to rotate the image to get it to fit. Lots of time lost measuring vinyl to see if it'll fit.  

3.   I make a ton of copies of 1 graphic.   With Flexi I'm able to add a copy and it shows up on the little mock plotter.  If I add 5 copies it'll add 5 graphics on the visual plotter.  Doing it this way I'm able to see if I have to rotate the graphic to get all 5 to fit on the roll in 1 row or if I have to rotate it to get them to fit.   If it would just poll the vinyl size and show all the copies of the graphic you're going to cut. It'd be super easy to see how much waste you're going to produce.   I can visually see which orientation will produce the least scrap vinyl just by look at the virtual plotter on the screen. 

At the moment I can't see myself making the switch VM4 till it gets alittle easier and more efficient. 

I see a ton of time wasted in just determining vinyl size.  

I know some here will disagree.   I know some here don't need to poll vinyl size or need a visual to see if all of their copies will fit.  

For me I like having the machine do the work for me.  I like lining up a roll of vinyl and pushing 1 button and it's all measured up and started at the perfect position on the lower right.  

Then I like pushing 1 button and have all the measurment info pulled right into my software.  Makes things real easy for me. 

If they are just fix these few time saving features I'l really like it.  

I wish flexi was cheaper.   LOL

There's a whole lot there Go, and all seem legit gripes.

I have a few of my own and have hopes in future updates addressing them.

For me, generally, my vinyl is either 15 or 24 inches... I dont cut from too much scrap.

I'm used to SignCut and the Lylu TC... there was no polling going on there, either.

I was already accustomed to DIY layout proceedures.

Further, coming from a non-Flexi background,  I never had hopes of Vm replacing Inkscape, Photoshop, or Illustrator.

I prefer to evaluate each software for it's strengths and then, let each project's work flow follow suit.

IMO, for the money, Vinylmaster seems strong competition for Flexi and other similar class software.

There are more options for cutting. You can rotate the image 360 degrees in 90 degree steps, nest the objects, use all of the alignment tools and more.

You have to click send to cut file instead of send to cutter.

There's a whole lot there Go, and all seem legit gripes.

I have a few of my own and have hopes in future updates addressing them.

For me, generally, my vinyl is either 15 or 24 inches... I dont cut from too much scrap.

I'm uses to SignCut and the Lylu TC... there was no polling going on there, either.

I was already accustomed to DIY layout proceedures.

Further, coming from a non-Flexi background,  I never had hopes of Vm replacing Inkscape, Photoshop, or Illustrator.

I prefer to evaluate each software for it's strengths and then, let each project's work flow follow suit.

IMO, for the money, Vinylmaster seems strong competition for Flexi and other similar class software.

It's just so nice when everything is automatic.   

When I need 5 decal I plug in 5.  I then look at the little plotter on the screen and see how much room I have on the left.   If I rotate the image and see there's less room and all 5 decals still fit I know I'm wasting less vinyl.  

I know as soon as things slow down and I'm not working til 2-3 in the morning I'll sit down and watch some video and try and learn it more.  But for know I'm just too busy to change my routine just yet.   

I believe you need to look a little closer at "Send to Cutfile and Edit Cutfile".

Between the options that are available in that module (for instance, full rotational abilities)

as well as laying out objects on the design space as you want them laid out on the vinyl,

I don't think it's as limited as you describe.

You mentioned "one button" duplication of an object... that's easily accomplished and laid out (nested)

exactly as you want them in the design space and/or the cut file edit areas.

Not trying to argue here...  All new software takes time to learn.

There's still plenty of it I haven't discovered yet, too.

• Like 1

To turn polling on:  Open the vinyl spooler > cutter > configure cutter > commands > command options > polling method.      There are 3 choices, none (default?), standard HPGL, and standard DMPL. Pick the correct choice and the polling button is functional if your cutter is capable of polling the size.

• Like 1

To turn polling on:  Open the vinyl spooler > cutter > configure cutter > commands > command options > polling method.      There are 3 choices, none (default?), standard HPGL, and standard DMPL. Pick the correct choice and the polling button is functional if your cutter is capable of polling the size.

You got me all excited....... BUT

It didn't work.  I have a Graphtec picked standard HPGL.     

There's also a bunch of device languages to choose from.  I tried HPGL, HPGL_1, HPGL_2, HPGL_REL.   

Nothing worked.