Poot25

Vinyl Mastrr V4?

Hey guys looking at this sofware and wondering users impressions of it? I downloaded the demo and have played with the LTR,&pro. I have found it to be a straight forward and easy to learn program just wanted some perspective of people that have the actual version 4. I have a Graphtec CE-5000 60 cutter and desktop printer to contour on papilio vinyl and wondering how that works. Thanks

Been reading what I can find on this... Sounds good in print.

Coming from SignCut, I do ALL file creation in Inkscape, Photoshop, & Illustrator.

My biggest gripes with SC is the online requirements (unless you purchase Lifetime) and

the high price tag for the scope of it's tools. Don't get me wrong, It's been excellent

at what it does... not a problem one. It's just that it doesn't do much.

My subscription is coming up again and this looks pretty good.

The "Letter" version looks to be far more useful to me with a (bonus) smaller price tag.

True, what this version does can be done in my other programs... having it all in one sounds

efficient if it all works well. Would like to find more user reviews.

I really like that there's no dongle and no internet connection required except for activation.

Planning to download the Demo (on my spare laptop) and take it for a test drive.

Let you know what I find.

You pointed me to this software, Poot... I did download the Demo and played with it over last couple of weeks.

I bought the Pro version this evening and will write a review in the next few days.

Thanks are in order as it looks to be useful, intuitive, and was reasonably priced.

More later.

I am really interested in your feedback on this software.From What I see it is user friendly like signblazer.

I'm plenty happy with my purchase of VM Pro v4.0.

I started writing a review and will wrap it up and post it here when I get a few more of

the fine points of the program down.

It's definately is doing what I'd hoped in bringing the major features of Inkscape & SignCut

together into one program that I own for life... with no dongle or internet needed.

More to come.

I am gonna download the trial tonight when I get off work I just wonder if it will work with my Titan 2

• Like 1

Just looked and the Titan isn't listed under US Cutter's plotters but the SAGA line is.

I imagine there are drivers that will work with your machine.

Now that you mention it, I believe I have read that as well. The Demo will let you set up your

cutter but you will only be able to cut their sample files.

Also, one cannot save any files with the demo.

Otherwise, everything works with the demo.

Still, it allows an adequate representation of what to expect with the paid version.

I went back and forth between the Pro and Ltr versions for several days before deciding on the Pro.

Glad I did.

I spent about 45 minutes on the demo last night and I was kind of impressed.I have sure cuts a lot and coral 7 and to me they both have huge learning curves although this is not as easy sign blazer I think it's really close I think I might buy a years licence and give it a go.

It's more straight-forward than Illustrator and Inkscape too.

Many effects that take several moves in either of those programs

are just a mouse click with VinylMaster.

Being "Dedicated sign-making software" is the reason, I suppose.

Also, with a purchase you get over 10,000 fonts and loads of well organized vector clipart and logos.

I dont know about SCAL or Corel but with VM I see that one can set up several pages and have objects & files seperately spread over them.

This feature along with being able to select exactly what you want to save amongst all the objects on a page will greatly

lessen & simplify the number of files saved for any one project. Even all files for a single client can be saved in 'one' document.

Haven't seen that feature elsewhere.

Have you figured out yet how to put layers to the front back and like how to do a punch through?

Oh yeah... got all that. Been playing with some of the node tools.

Like the right click softening effects and the way it handles smoothing chores

and the ease at correcting flowing arcs and such.

On the menu there is an "order" drop down for front to back.

Select the objects and the weld, punch, and trim tools are all together

There are a few options for keeping objects. With Inkscape you often had to

duplicate before hand because youwould lose an object when preforming those functions.

The Progran doesn't use Belzier curves. The handles for curve adjustment are different.

There are 'elastic' qualities. Makes for simplifed adjustments.

• Like 1

Is all this on the demo version?i seen a weld option but I haven't seen a punch threw

Is it grayed out because you havent selected 2 objects?

Are you in the Pro version?

I thought it was all in the demo.

On the left tool bar of the Pro version, there is a weld flyout. on there are icons for weld, punch out and stamp and welding tools.

click the welding tools and the design center opens with other tool options.

post-43059-0-46806100-1403493088_thumb.p

Yes, I downloaded the program but, I also sprung for the discs, mailed to me.

Once you pay for it, I used Paypal, the email you a product serial number amd

link that allows you access to it.