Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Well, now I know why Conde only lets you place big orders online...

I am sitting on a large inventory of sublimation blanks and haven't had much need for anything new, but my pregnant friend is now a new mommy and I wanted to make her something custom, plus at my new full time job I need a sign for my office, so I called up my sales rep and ordered two blank burp cloths (@ $3.10 each), a plastic sign frame ($2.15) and two blank inserts for the frame (@ $1.94) for a total of just over $12... I didn't think to ask how much shipping would be (MY FAULT!!!) and a few minutes later I got an email invoice for $27.07 - they charged me nearly $15 in S&H on a $12 order that weighs < 1 lb...

And that's not even next day or 2nd day or anything glamorous....   Now I know why they only let you do big orders online - if I'd seen that shipping would have been so high I would have cancelled my order...

Yeah they shipping sux. If it aint At they Westcoast warehouse I wait till I need lots of stuff. About to buy a gk knight 16x20 swing away press glad it's there. 5 minute ride

This is why I order a lot from coastal. its 2 dollars cheaper however I get it in 2 days. Or I try to order 150 worth to get free shipping. Should have waited Jones Coastal has 15% off of their sublimation blanks.

Coastal doesn't sell small qty - the fewest burp cloths I could have bought from them was 6, which would have been even more expensive...

Out here in Oz I buy at least $1000 worth at a time (every month) and get charged $35 delivery, the last order was for 500 Velcro coolers and about 60 photo slates, and the time before was for 500 11oz mugs a set of inks for my sg7100 and a box 110 A3 paper, and we still get a freight charge of $35. we have a 12' square room full of blanks

It just sucks this time because there is no profit to be made here.  The burp cloths were to be a gift from me and the sign was for my office, so what I thought was going to cost me around $15-16 ended up costing me $27 + the cost of sublimation...  :'(

It's easy to forget that the folks that made the most money off the Gold Rush of '49 were the ones selling shovels.

Plus, the products and quantities we buy are priced for End Users, not for profit.