Crazybry79

Importing new style EPS into signblazer

Does anyone know the link, or where to find the thread about importing newer EPS files into signblazer?  I found a walk through on how to modify the files, and I didn't have time at that moment.  Now, I need to get a job done, and dang gone it, I cant find that thread.

Customer sent me (2) files they need cut.  I try to import them into SBE, using both options (post script and the other one - i forget) and nothing shows on the screen.  I can "undo import" after the failed attempt.  I do not have corel.  Or illistrator.  Only programs I have are SBE and inkscape.

Here's the files I was given.

Mods, do you think we could put a sticky up with the link on how to import / modify these files for this situation?  Thx!

._Nerium International Logo_AD_White_CONTACT.eps

._Nerium-Bumper Sticker.eps

schneider numbers.eps

you have to open them in another software and save in an older format - Jerry the developer and owner of signblazer passed over 6 years ago now so it hasn't been updated

you have to open them in another software and save in an older format - Jerry the developer and owner of signblazer passed over 6 years ago now so it hasn't been updated

Ive read that about the program not being updated.  Very unfortunate.

I read on here (think it was uscutter forum) that someone had a program you'd instal and it would allow SBE to read the newer files or something.  I could only glance through as I was headed out the door and didnt catch it all, only bits and pieces.

A lot of times you can just copy and paste right into SignBlazer. Otherwise, I save as Illustrator 8 and import it that way.

• Like 1

A lot of times you can just copy and paste right into SignBlazer. Otherwise, I save as Illustrator 8 and import it that way.

Thank you for the tip.  Unfortunatly I'm hitting a snag where the customers send me EPS files, so I have no choice as to how to save them.

Thank you for the tip.  Unfortunatly I'm hitting a snag where the customers send me EPS files, so I have no choice as to how to save them.

You cannot import recently-created .eps graphics (after AI v.8 ) into SignBlazerElements.

Open them in IrfanView (using Ghostscript), and then Select All (Ctrl+A) and copy-paste right into the workspace of SBE.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

and  http://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html

After the graphic is placed within your SBE workspace, just use the built-in vectorize process (MODE Monochrome, then Vectorise --- from the Image menu)

You cannot import recently-created .eps graphics (after AI v.8 ) into SignBlazerElements.

Open them in IrfanView (using Ghostscript), and then Select All (Ctrl+A) and copy-paste right into the workspace of SBE.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

and  http://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html

I just found this as you were replying...

more than likely the images were made in an eps format newer than signblazer will recognize.  if you download infanview and ghostscript it should show in there.  if so you will need someone to save the files in an older format

It is a free download.

http://www.irfanview.com/

You must also dpownload and install the Plugins:

http://www.software.com/irfanview-plugins-9374-1

and download install GhostScript:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/files/GPL%20Ghostscript/8.64/gs864w32.exe/download

Im assuming these are the same processes you are speaking of.  I have know clue or experience with these programs, but I'm diving in as we speak!

Pick up flexi starter and save a lot of headaches on opening and cutting

Just downloaded ghostscipt and infraview.......  Holy overload!  I have no clue on what to do!  All new to me.

If he uses IrfanView (with Ghostscript and the plug-ins), he can accomplish what he wants for free.

That's how I handled .eps files for years in my shop.

I never spent a dime on buying software.

===============

As for IrfanView, when you install the program just make sure you associate .eps files with it ("windows shell") and then when you click to open any .eps file the program will handle it.

(You'll have silly looking flat red cats for icons on all .eps files now !!!)

The Ghostscript (and plug-ins) run in the background and just help IrfanView to understand various graphics formats like Illustrator .eps --  once you have those 'helpers' installed, you can forget about 'em.

I never spent a dime on buying software.

Me either, but don't tell anyone >:D

• Like 1

Working on infraview at the moment.  Just having a heck of a time trying to install the ghostscript plugin

I have spent a little and have a lot less stress because of it . . . It's a choice everyone has to make.

• Like 1

Working on infraview at the moment.  Just having a heck of a time trying to install the ghostscript plugin

What kind of problem?

Maybe you have the wrong installer for your computer's operating system --- I'm using WinXP for all my cutting work.

What kind of problem?

Maybe you have the wrong installer for your computer's operating system --- I'm using WinXP for all my cutting work.

Im on XP as well.  Im not 100% sure what I'm doing.  I installed infarview, then downloaded the installer for ghostscript.  I installed the ghostscript into the "plugins" file under infraview.  Ive also installed it under the infraview file folder as well. 

This is the default path for installing it   -- C:\Program Files\gs

If you already have inkscape installed, all you have to add is ghostscript. Inkscape will use it to import the eps files. Then you can cut/paste, modify, and.or save them back out as an older version eps. You _may_ have to add ghostscript to the path or tell inkscape where it is. No need for irfanview, but it is a great program.

If you're going to do the work for other people, you first should figure out how!

Attempted the defult instal.  No dice.  Ill try again later.

Ill also have to try IS.  Didn't know GS would work with IS.