Sign in to follow this  
Watson91

Text Has Wierd Outcroppings? Tracking?

Hard to explain what is going on.  I'm creating text in Signblazer Elements and then trying to cut it.  I have not had many problems with the cutter, but it has been in storage for over a year now.  I just broke it out to cut a few sets of race numbers for my car.  I'm not sure if this is a tracking problem or maybe a problem in the software.  The text seem to have odd outcroppings or lumps in different areas.  See attached picture.

post-16422-0-80623200-1399948611_thumb.j

Do the cuts connect where they start and stop?

Not always, especially on smaller sized font.  Sometimes it is close and sometimes there is a gap between the start and end.

Loks like your vinyl may be slipping in the rollers. Mine has specific places where the rollers contact the grit surface. Make sure that you are not on the smooth part of your grit rollers.

Loks like your vinyl may be slipping in the rollers. Mine has specific places where the rollers contact the grit surface. Make sure that you are not on the smooth part of your grit rollers.

I will take a look at this.  I tried it on different sheets of vinyl and got the same results it seemed.  Thanks for the suggestion, I will post back my findings.

I'm leery as to if the rollers are the problem.  The gritt rollers do not appear to have any smooth or smoother sections in them.

Problem has been solved. It was the fact that the gritty rollers where loose and had play in them. Used allen wrench to tighten them up and it seems to be much smoother. Thanks for your help Jay.

• Like 1