Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Do you accept Checks at Shows?

In my other topic "Credit Card Readers Paypal" a member posted about checks, which was great advice. However I'm curious how many of us accept checks at shows? Do you take checks, why or why not? Do you have a price limitation? Do you only accept local checks?

No on the checks unless i know them.. My wife does craft shows all year and uses the square for everything. If they can write checks then they have a check card..

• Like 2

No checks for me either unless I know them at shows. From businesses, I have no problem taking checks.

Squre also just recently announced an 'offline' way of still taking cards when you have no or poor cell service.

I along the road near my house where a guy was selling wind art. My wife liked one that was a couple hundred dollars. I bought one from him and asked if he took checks. He said yes.

No on the checks unless i know them.. My wife does craft shows all year and uses the square for everything. If they can write checks then they have a check card..

Not always true I know people that don't have a check card cause they had issues with bounced checks.

Not always true I know people that don't have a check card cause they had issues with bounced checks.

Then that might be a good indicator of why it is not safe to take checks  ;)

• Like 2

I still write checks for my household bills.. i just cannot bring myself to pay online

I will take checks if someone is placing an order at a show, but I don't ship until the check clears.

• Like 1

I take checks from very few businesses and churches but almost never a personal check. Had 1 written on a closed acct. a couple years ago and I still feel the sting everytime someone wants to use a check.

I don't take personal checks unless its someone I am comfortable giving the graphic to.  :rolleyes:

I don't even have checks I use my Bank debit or my Paypal card for everything. Why bother with checks and cash.

I don't have checks either (for the business) I use the card mostly and whenever I have cash I use that too, I want to use it up while it's still worth something!

Here's my check policy!

I think I'm going to adopt your policy.