MadHatterGraphix

Card Readers Specifically PaypalHere

I use square mostly! I love getting the $ next day! 

i have the paypal reader but have never used it yet!  

I ran into this with my Nexus 7.  The problem is the headphone jack, it's not wired physically to work with card readers.  It's idiotic but when I searched online that's the answer I found.  You can type in the card information manually instead of scanning and the software will work for you.  

Ahhh Unfortunately I believe there is a higher fee and some restrictions for entering cards in manually...

I ran into this with my Nexus 7.  The problem is the headphone jack, it's not wired physically to work with card readers.  It's idiotic but when I searched online that's the answer I found.  You can type in the card information manually instead of scanning and the software will work for you.  

Damn it doesnt work with the nexus 7? Im about to buy one. Stupid Ipads work, I find it hard to believe google wouldn't work this in.

According to PayPal's compatibility page android smart phones are supported but not tablets???

I have the paypal card reader but most of the time I just use the paypal app. Either type in the card number or you can use the camera and it scans the card and its auto populates the card number.

I use mine mainly for my other side business, (motorcycle tire changes), fees are small enough I just eat it.

My phone is not officially supported and Google play wouldn't even let me download it. I was able to download the apk file and install. It works perfectly fine except I have no option to use camera to capture cc information.

I have not tried it but I read that if your device is rooted you can change the perceived make and model of your phone to a supported device. It involved editing the build.prop file so it could cause major problems if done incorrectly and possibly correctly. Try at your own risk. I'm going to try it so that I can get updates for the app.

newtread - From what I read that would not help the fact that on Nexus 7 the headphone jack will not operate the card reader https://community.intuit.com/questions/705399-nexus-7-problem-card-reader

There are android based tablets that will work though, but you will still need cellular or wireless connection.  If you have a smartphone that's the easiest way as as far as I know all iPhones and android smartphones will work with the card reader.

Is the plug at the end of the reader long enough to go the depth of a phone case? 

I have an otterbox on my S3, sometimes plugs wont reach far enough if they are thick. 

Anyone run into problems?

Is the plug at the end of the reader long enough to go the depth of a phone case? 

I have an otterbox on my S3, sometimes plugs wont reach far enough if they are thick. 

Anyone run into problems?

Yes, I have this problem with my Note 2 and otterbox. Tried one of the extenders that states it works with card readers but I cant get it to work 100% of the time, so I usually don't bother.