MadHatterGraphix

Card Readers Specifically PaypalHere

I'm curious if any forum members use it, how does it work, and would you suggest it? I ordered it and I should receive it but want to make sure I did the right thing.

have it and used it a couple of times - worked ok - I like the paypal here better than square just because it is tied to the account I most often use

Dakota, that's what I was thinking I use my paypal account for everything and the 2,7% transaction fee isn't bad and there is no monthly fee. I saw they sent a tracking number out and It was already in the mailbox yesterday. I don't get the mail everyday got one heck of hill for a driveway. Anyway I went to get it and its nice.

we use it for both businesses. i like that they also send out a debit mastercard that is tied to the account. i use it to order supplies after the customer pays. no need to wait to transfer to bank account. 

I have had the Business debit card for awhile back when I use to make custom hobby decals. I use that card for everything business.

• Like 1

I have had mine since they came out.  I don't use it often as most folks are using cash.  I do however love it.  So easy to use.  You can also email the receipt to the customer on the spot.  I also have the debit card that goes with my account.  Also, as you mentioned, the fee is not that bad!

I too had this same question. Been considering it for a while and think I will go with the PayPal here.

So how do you guys handle the fee? Add it to your asking price to encourage cash sales? Or just eat the cost?

Had a tax consultant down the road from me finding all sorts of discounts for people, until she lost her house . . . . I questioned her deducting soap to wash uniforms when the state gave us a cleaning allowance back then. . . I never used her but heard many stories

I use the paypal card reader and it is great.  Download "paypal here" app and you can manually add items before taking the card or also have preloaded items if you have some specialty "niche" products or standard pricing on items. 

The Paypal reader is the way to go, I have 2 readers one for me and my ladies. never had any problem with it.

Yep i have the Paypal Here reader and the Square reader....so far ive only used the paypal one. Works great. Money was instantly available in my paypal account.

the fees are a tax write off.  i use turbo tax for business and "Credit Card Processing Fees" is listed as a business expense.

• Like 2

What kind of phone do ya have to have, for a PP reader? I'm gonna have to get a new phone, sooner or later.

What kind of phone do ya have to have, for a PP reader? I'm gonna have to get a new phone, sooner or later.

I use my Square on my Moto G and my android Tablet. both work great

Im going to be using it on my Iphone 5C anything android or IOS. Wish it worked on Windows tablets since my dad borrowed and wore out my Ipad.

While talking paypal here are some rules mostly about check captour and most people don't know

No checks over $1000.... If your customer owes you more have them write 2 checks

Daily limit for deposit is $1000

Weekly limit for deposit is $3000

If a check gets rejected by there system you can not re-deposit it

If a check gets lost in ciber space in there system you have to wait 15days before you try to re-deposit

Then if the system will not take the check you must get another check

I have no bank account for my business and my bank would not cash a check with my co name on it

That is where I learned all this

Just a few things I learned the hard way

MM64 B)

• Like 1

I would love PayPal here but my Andriod Tablet wont support it.

hmm thats odd... all android phones support it...why wouldnt the tablet?

I wish I knew... I download the app from the google play store and during installation, it stops and tells me device not compatible with this app.

I wish I knew... I download the app from the google play store and during installation, it stops and tells me device not compatible with this app.

I ran into this with my Nexus 7.  The problem is the headphone jack, it's not wired physically to work with card readers.  It's idiotic but when I searched online that's the answer I found.  You can type in the card information manually instead of scanning and the software will work for you.