threezzz

first time etched glasses

tw2_zps4d87c801.jpgtw1_zps9042fee9.jpg

did these glasses today, my first time ever etching... i know the centering is off but just wanted to focus more on the etching... will need a bigger air compressor though ... this will get addicting, that's for sure!! ...  too bad the dogs were not chewing on their bones, they would have made the picture lol

• Like 3

Looking good.  If you get a chance, try the rub and buff.  You won't be disappointed :) 

Etching can be addictive :)

• Like 1

does rub and buff come in different colors?... when i went to the hobby store all they had was gold, silver and black..?..

Rub and buff is a great product. I grabbed a sample pack of I think 12 or 16 colors on Amazon for under 30.00

Great job, especially for your first try. 

In regards to the rub and buff, be sure to wear gloves as it can get on your hands pretty quick and the stuff can be messy. 

Nice work. I found out the few times that I used rub an buff is that when you use it try putting it on before you remove the mask other wise it get every where. Put it on then remove the mask and buff. Just my opinion

Bob

• Like 2

I always used a clean side of the cloth to wipe it off. It doesn't stick too well to the smooth glass.

Hi all. I am new to the forum and am anxiously awaiting my new cutter to arrive. I have etched some projects in the past, but am looking for a better way. I use the armor etch and just can't get a nice even finish. What is a better way? Thanks!!

Hi all. I am new to the forum and am anxiously awaiting my new cutter to arrive. I have etched some projects in the past, but am looking for a better way. I use the armor etch and just can't get a nice even finish. What is a better way? Thanks!!

The better way is to get an air compressor and sandblast cabinet.  Do some searches, there are plenty of old threads with suggestions and information on etching in a cabinet.

• Like 1