Sign in to follow this  
bgsnydermd

Machine not cutting accurately

So I received my machine yesterday and started cutting right away. It worked great. Everything was accurate, default settings worked fine. Today, I decided to use a different roll of vinyl that was smaller. I changed the location of the right most roller so that it would grab the vinyl. I was having problems with accuracy so I switched back to my larger roll and put the roller back where it was yesterday. I was still having problems. On smaller type (28pt Gotham) my letterforms look sloppy. Not all the lines connect. Its only off by a little tiny bit. But even beside the lines not all connecting in some areas, the stroke width of the letters just isn't consistent. I tried slowing the speed of the machine way down, I tried tightening the rollers some and then loosening some. And im still having issues. When I run the vinyl out some it moves a little tiny bit but not anymore than it did yesterday.

I did a few "test" cuts. The lines are off just slightly. I understand this may be an offset issue but I don't know what to do to fix that. But why would it work fine yesterday and not today? I am using the exact same design at the same size. 

post-86474-0-42460900-1399426657_thumb.j

not sure on much else but I am betting you have way too much blade out from the lifting issue.   on the offset adjust it so the test box cuts right and then leave it alone.   rollers shouldn't have needed messed with . . . . you are not making the plotter pull the vinyl off the roll correct?

here is how to set your blade correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

There it is again Mz Skeeter. i think that is about the 100th time i have seen this posted...  

There it is again Mz Skeeter. i think that is about the 100th time i have seen this posted...  

at least...   LOL. 

Double check that the roller that you moved is still over a grit roller bellow it. As a newbie I was cutting fine one day and then moved my pinch rollers around and ended up off the traction parts on the drive roller and made a mess. I am unfamiliar with the Titan models and how they are designed but the other cutter I had at the time had sections that had grit and sections that didn't. 

and will be another 1000 as long as those dang video's and instructions tell people to use 1/2 credit card depth - once it is out there the inaccuracy lives on forever.   like dog crap on your shoe you can never clean off!

• Like 1

Blade depth was good. It wound up being a loose blade! I didn't set the cutter up so my hands were never on the blade holder. I will apologize for my rookie mistake. Thank you all for the replies. 

• Like 1

we were all rookies once. Some people seem to forget that. Never apologize for asking a legitimate question.That's how we learn.

• Like 4

Ok am a rookie with an issue and can't find an answer. I have the Titan3 that I purchased after having an MH Series. Off the bat I'm having problems with the feed of the easyweed, so I tried adjusting the rollers so much that I finally gave up. So now I tightened them all down and am looking for someone who can tell me approximately how many half twist I need to turn them loosening them to get them back to a reasonable setting to get this thing to feed evenly. Anyone please help.

Ok am a rookie with an issue and can't find an answer. I have the Titan3 that I purchased after having an MH Series. Off the bat I'm having problems with the feed of the easyweed, so I tried adjusting the rollers so much that I finally gave up. So now I tightened them all down and am looking for someone who can tell me approximately how many half twist I need to turn them loosening them to get them back to a reasonable setting to get this thing to feed evenly. Anyone please help.

Maybe this will help you,,  Every cutter is different,  as well as material. so there are no settings,  from cutter to cutter.  Also, If I read right, the Siser glossy side goes down, and you cut the dull side. Make sure that is correct and that you have a sharp blade.   The Material loading guide is a PDF,  open and read it.   This is from UScutter.com  support website.

Why is my cutter making the vinyl go sideways?

Although the vinyl may appear to be loaded squarely, it takes only a slight skew to create a noticeable shift. If your vinyl shifts drastically to the left or right when feeding, the first thing to check is the pinch-roller positions. Most vinyl cutters will have specific places where the pinch-rollers cannot be placed. These positions may or may not be clearly marked. The best method to follow is simply to ensure that the pinch-rollers are placed directly above the knurled part of the feed-rollers. If your cutter is experiencing issues with material tracking, download our Material Loading Guide. You can also find the complete instructions on setting

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2014 at 8:59 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

not sure on much else but I am betting you have way too much blade out from the lifting issue.   on the offset adjust it so the test box cuts right and then leave it alone.   rollers shouldn't have needed messed with . . . . you are not making the plotter pull the vinyl off the roll correct?

First off, let me apologize for digging up an old thread; but I wouldn't if it wasn't still an issue with the Titan 2. First off, you can't change offset for a test cut. Offset on the Titan 2 can only be changed in the cut software.

I bought one, cut great for a while then went to crap.  US Cutter sent 2 mother boards, carriage, etc etc etc. I was using SCAL4P, Vinyl Master, Sign Blazer.... wasn't a software issue. So they sent me a refund and I bought another cutter. This one cut great then all of a sudden went to crap.  Incomplete cuts, places here or there (never the same place) where it APPEARS to be an offset issue, but it's never consistent therefore I do not believe it to be offset. New blades, pressure, etc..... nothing changes it. It only does it on small objects. It's like it is running to fast to keep up, even on the slowest speed setting. I have complained to them about the pinch rollers being further away from the blade, which causes slight bunching of the vinyl (HTV). But it also looks like crap with adhesive vinyl. My SC cutter will look just as good at times. I expected a lot more from a machine that cost 5 times as much.

EDIT: Let me add that when it all of a sudden started cutting like crap, I had to up the offset to 0.60 just to get a square to cut without rounding corners. BOTH machines did the same thing.