JessXEmoji

I want to get into Tshirts. what hardware do I need?

no not auto open - if you are going to put the money into auto open then go for a swinger so you aren't working under the hot platen - they aren't auto open either unless you go air but burn your knuckles a few times you will want one.  I just posted the one with 2 yr warranty and over the center pressure adjustment that is more desireable

that is where I got my first heat press- that exact one - after a year I started doing sublimation and found out it had a problem with the third digit on the display - had a replacement in 2 days so I was impressed with customer service

• Like 1

Thanks giys. I ordered the vinyl and press dakota posted.

Do I need to put something between the shirts and press when making them? Like protect them?

A teflon sheet or parchment paper i think. I have the teflon sheet from uscutter.

they also have the best price on the teflon sheet  - see if you can add it to your order.   teflon will finish with a slight gloss and parchment will finish with more of a dull finish to achieve the look you are after

that is where I got my first heat press- that exact one - after a year I started doing sublimation and found out it had a problem with the third digit on the display - had a replacement in 2 days so I was impressed with customer service

And that broken timer is now in use on my shirt dryer for screen print. A big thanks to Dakota for being as big a packrat as me and still having it when I needed 1.

• Like 1

Do you guys pre wash you shirts before you apply the vinyl? I heard you should but imo that removes the new.

Also how do you guys explain the sizes online? I dont want customers complaining it wasnt sized as descibed.

Do you guys pre wash you shirts before you apply the vinyl? I heard you should but imo that removes the new.

Never

Extra work for no reason. Never prewashed a shirt and I agree it takes away the impression of new and also removes the centerline crease which I use for alignment when screen printing.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!  Can I still make the shirts without a teflon sheet or antyhing?

Yes - parchment paper works well as does butcher's paper.   However, the paper wrinkles fairly quickly and gets dirty and needs to be discarded.  Teflon sheets stay flat and can be wiped clean when necessary.

I picked up three 16x20" teflon sheets off of ebay a couple of years ago for under $20 including shipping.

• Like 1

Ok... got my starter Vinyl today black and white , got 45 tshirts on the way along with my press. 

Im almost ready :) 

Yes - parchment paper works well as does butcher's paper.   However, the paper wrinkles fairly quickly and gets dirty and needs to be discarded.  Teflon sheets stay flat and can be wiped clean when necessary.

I picked up three 16x20" teflon sheets off of ebay a couple of years ago for under $20 including shipping.

I had about as much trouble with my teflon developing wrinkles as anything. Maybe I need a better storage spot but my teflon sheet ended up with a lot of small wrinkles that you can see in some colors so I ended up punching holes in the edge and using it for a lower platen cover on my back-up press and just use either parchment paper from the kitchen or Kraft paper I bought from Stahls when I first started up. It lasts a long time and works well. 

You can but I prefer teflon for the added safety measure and it's not expensive.

Everybody has their own system but I do 20 seconds.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gcextreme" data-cid="358033" data-time="1399723788"><p>

Lol ur going overkill.<br />

<br />

Free box...black magic marker to write the address onto the box and maybe $5-8 to ship...lol<br />

<br />

Yes i normally charge shipping too.<br />

<br />

<br />

If you're counting the cost of tape then ur just silly.<br />

And if u are paying for boxes cuz u dont know where to get free boxes then ur retarded.</p></blockquote>

I factor in the cost of tape. I send out 75 to 100 packages a day. If I didn't factor in Everything that I paid for , I would never know how much money I'm making.

• Like 1