Sign in to follow this  
UponAShelf

Uhhhh........I thought this thing was supposed to cut!!

I am brand new to this and still learning a lot, but I bought my cutter a few weeks ago and FINALLY after trial and error of software I was able to create a quote and sent it to the plotter......well my plotter is cutting a line....that's it just a line......UGH!! Any suggestions?

You don't give any info of what cutter or software. Used on what computer operating system, connected how USB or serial?  If you are using Scalp software, did you activate the software?  You must, or it will cut a line. 

• Like 2

Oh sorry duh....like I said new to this.......

Bought the laser point II

am using Sure cuts  a lot (am not a fan, but for a newbie it seems the easiest to learn) I thought I registered it....I will check into that

You need to "activate" the cutting software.  If it runs in demo mode, it will cut a line.  Make sure the Scalp  software is updated.   There has been many updates to it.

It says it is active, I just went through and did an un-install and a re-install just to be sure, ran another cut and still a straight line?

Is the cutter carriage head moving up or down?  Or just staying down?  Is your design a vector design? 

How did you set your blade depth?

It is just staying down......

I set it up via you tube tutorial and using a sticky note pad to be sure it only cut through the first page....I hope that makes sense.

this is how you set your blade correctly below.  And if the carriage head is not even moving up or down, then you have a problem.  Are you sure the carriage head wheels are firmly in the track?   If all looks alright, then contact UScutter tech support,  Monday.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

check to make sure the carriage is on the track - all the wheels should be in the groves - they sometimes jump out during the 12,000 jaunt from china. - also is it cutting the straight line from side to side or up and down - as in rollers not moving maybe?

Side to side....it's not feeding the paper.....not sure if the means anything or not......maybe I have the blade loaded incorrectly.....

I am doing tons of research, on what the issue could be......SO mad at myself for being so discouraged with the software that I waited until today when everything is closed to try and get the stupid thing working :(

Can you roll the grit rollers by hand, when the cutter is off.?  Sometimes the set screws are not tight,  Make sure they are tight. 

If using a PC, you could try Signblazer software,  or purchase your own software.   I personally use Flexistarter for my cutting software.  Can be had for under $130 on EBAY.

And Inkscape.org is FREE design software.

yes they will roll.....I just want to thank you guys for trying to help me on this especially on a Saturday morning....

I did download sign blazer I will try my quote from that.

it is probably not a software issue if the rollers are not moving the vinyl - guessing either a wire loose on the mainboard to the roller motor or bad mainboard.  if you are adventurous you can remove the bottom of the plotter to check the wiring - if it was the grit rollers I would think you would hear the motor running trying to move them.

WAHOO!! I got the wheels rolling (well hubby did)

I've decided to give signblazer a try again, how do I sync (maybe not the right word) my cutter to signblazer, so that I can cut directly from signblazer?

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason the grit rollers were not moving?

In order to get SignBlazer to communicate (sync) with your LPII, you'll need to select a cutter driver within the Cutter Setup.

Try the Li-Yu brand, that might work, or a Creation driver.

Sorry it was not the grit rollers, it was the pinch bars (I think they are called)  being in the wrong place that was keeping the vinyl from not moving.

Sorry it was not the grit rollers, it was the pinch bars (I think they are called)  being in the wrong place that was keeping the vinyl from not moving.

Oh yes,  the pinch rollers have to be directly over the grit rollers at all times.   Great to hear, that nothing was broke at all.

• Like 1

Sorry I have one more question.......since you are so good at responding....

I am not sure of the correct verbage.......but as I was cutting my quote out today it seems as though where the words were the blade was not going deep enough, but then there are some scratches going from word to word that are deep.......not sure if that makes sense, but just wondering what could be causing this, in the meantime I will keep working on blade depth.

Once again, this is how you set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I get that, it is now working when I do the test cut, the problem is that it is making extra cuts...... from the reading that I have been seeing it sounds like the blade is not lifting or someone else stated that their cutter was making extra weed cuts?

I am using MH series laser cutterII

Have you tried several files? Can you upload one for inspection?

Sorry I am really new to this what do you mean by several files.....I have only tried the test cut and a quote.

In my opinion....which doesn't count for much as I am so new, it seems to me that my carriage has an issue......

whenever I start to cut something I have to manually push it all the way down to the vinyl, otherwise there is a gap and the blade doesn't touch at all......I am wondering if this issue is also not allowing the blade to lift when it goes from one cut to another?

I get that, it is now working when I do the test cut, the problem is that it is making extra cuts...... from the reading that I have been seeing it sounds like the blade is not lifting or someone else stated that their cutter was making extra weed cuts?

I am using MH series laser cutterII

There is no such cutter,sold by UScutter.   Maybe that is the problem,  You may be using the wrong driver...  There is a MH series cutter, which has NO Laser,  Then there is the Laser Pointer cutter 11, which is a Liyu brand.  And you should use the Liyu driver.