Sign in to follow this  
UponAShelf

Uhhhh........I thought this thing was supposed to cut!!

Sorry I don't know why I though it was MH

This is what I bought

USCutter LaserPoint II Vinyl Cutter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

That is a Liyu Brand...  If you can't get it going, contact UScutter tech support tomorrow,  They are on Pacific time.

So, do you have the right driver set for it in SCALP ?  maybe under US Cutter LaserPoint ll...

Also did you remove the tape protection from the teflon cutting strip?.  If not, you should.    It is the strip that runs the width of the cutter,  beneath the carriage head.. Below where the vinyl would lay, to cut.

QUOTE> "it seems to me that my carriage has an issue......

whenever I start to cut something I have to manually push it all the way down to the vinyl,

otherwise there is a gap and the blade doesn't touch at all"

You shouldn't have to manually push your blade holder down.

Make sure the blade holder is seated properly in it's carriage.

There is supposed to be a gap between the blade holder and the vinyl...

the plotter head (is supposed to ) move up and down.

So, do you have the right driver set for it in SCALP ?  maybe under US Cutter LaserPoint ll...

I do have that right.

The plotter head is what I have to manually push down

Also did you remove the tape protection from the teflon cutting strip?.  If not, you should.    It is the strip that runs the width of the cutter,  beneath the carriage head.. Below where the vinyl would lay, to cut.

This I am not sure about if it was blue, yes......there is a white strip, but it does not seem to have any kind of type stuck to it.

push down, to get it to touch the vinyl.

Is there away to attach a video?

Yes, on the video... use the "more reply options" on the bottom right.

Sounds like the plotter head may not be seated in the tracks correctly.

Make sure the white wheels on the carriage head are firmly in the track.  They should glide back and forth in the track smoothly.

• Like 1

Didn't jay or someone have a problem with the carriage binding in the lp2???

• Like 1

seams like it was an adjustment in the solenoid in the head if it is the same problem

• Like 1

Sorry very late to the party but I can finally add something to this great forum!! I had this exact same thing with my Laserpoint II when I bought it last April. It would cut the path but would not lift up between the letters. I called tech support and they walked me through some trouble shooting and found it was the motor that does the lifting of the blade. The tech people asked If I wanted to replace the parts myself or just get a complete replacement cutter I opted for the replacement cutter and have had no issues since. It sounds like these awesome people have already trouble shot it for you, but thought I would add my 2 cents

Sorry very late to the party but I can finally add something to this great forum!! I had this exact same thing with my Laserpoint II when I bought it last April. It would cut the path but would not lift up between the letters. I called tech support and they walked me through some trouble shooting and found it was the motor that does the lifting of the blade. The tech people asked If I wanted to replace the parts myself or just get a complete replacement cutter I opted for the replacement cutter and have had no issues since. It sounds like these awesome people have already trouble shot it for you, but thought I would add my 2 cents

That sounds just like my problem......so did you have to pay to ship it back? And did you have the box that say's keep this box for shipping?? Because my clean freak husband (love him), but he threw that box out :(

I still have not been able to get it to work, am waiting to call support in the morning, but I'm trying to decide if it a static issue, the serial port or what.....it is making me crazy and I haven't gotten a single thing done all weekend!

That sounds just like my problem......so did you have to pay to ship it back? And did you have the box that say's keep this box for shipping?? Because my clean freak husband (love him), but he threw that box out :(

LOL The problem happened right when I opened it and set it up so I had the original box. They sent a return shipment label through UPS. Once I shipped it I had to call them back, they tracked the package to make sure it was on its way back to them, then they sent out the new cutter (before it arived back to them). It was painless after the fact of figuring out what the actual problem was.

Well I am glad it worked out for you. 

As an update, if this happens to anyone else......my carriage arm was not "floating" I had to fix it myself with them on the phone as support, and honesty I am mechanically challenged, but it was easy breezy :)

• Like 2

Maybe you could explain what they told you to do,, so it could help some else in the future.   Glad they got you going.

• Like 1

Late to the party but mine did that and I know I have see several on here with the same problem. If I could remember how step by step I would do a write up but it was over a year ago and I'd have to tear into it again just to remember but it really wasn't that difficult.

• Like 1

They had me take the carriage off.....at the bottom of the carriage there are two screws, give them each about 2 full turns to loosen them slightly, then one at a time screw them back in slowly so that they are tightening back up, but so that the carriage arm is still floating.......not sure how else to explain it. 

• Like 3

They had me take the carriage off.....at the bottom of the carriage there are two screws, give them each about 2 full turns to loosen them slightly, then one at a time screw them back in slowly so that they are tightening back up, but so that the carriage arm is still floating.......not sure how else to explain it. 

Best description I've heard so far. Better than any I've given I think. I tend to overcomplicate things.