daynj

changing blade offset and overcut makes no difference

Hi,

I recently purchased a CTO630 cutter. I have printed a few stickers but the blade seems to cut corners slightly, not always join shapes and not always cut straight lines (sometimes it leaves marks where points are on the vector).

To try and perfect the cutter settings I have just been doing test cuts. I have tried both high and low overcut and blade offset settings but each test cut looks IDENTICAL to the last, as if the cutter is ignoring the SignCut settings...

Any ideas? 

Cheers.

Picture of a few test cuts where setting were completely different on each cut but the result was the same...:

UlhGeAg.jpg

Can't remember if on the creation cutters if you can change the offset in the cutters own menu or not. Would be worth scrolling thru to see

Can't remember if on the creation cutters if you can change the offset in the cutters own menu or not. Would be worth scrolling thru to see

Force, speed, scale X, scale Y are the only menu options on the machine itself, both scale X and scale Y are set to 2000 but I don't know what that means.

I have had simular problems with this. I had to use 0.035 to get my offset correct (which seems ridiculous), although I'm having problems all over again. 

Are you doing the test through signcut or the cutter itself? If through the cutter try just cutting a square through signcut so that signcuts settings are acting on the file.

Are you doing the test through signcut or the cutter itself? If through the cutter try just cutting a square through signcut so that signcuts settings are acting on the file.

Through the software. Strangely enough offset and overcut doesn't act on the test cut through the software...

I have been doing some testing and setting the blade offset to 0 seems to give me the smoothest cuts.. not sure why though.