Sign in to follow this  
Trevinous

Blade Carriage Moves to Right and Doesn't Stop

Hello!

We just got the SC cutter, unboxed and setup. Removed the protective tape from the inside, installed the blade then turned the power button on. The carriage slides along to the right and hits the right far side. This is where the problem starts. It doesnt stop, It just keeps trying to go right into the side. And it makes a horrible noise as it cant go any farther.

You can push the reset button down and it stops for a second and then tries to run into the side again and starts its terrible noise up again. We have tried turning it off and on, taking the blade out. We have tried manually moving to the left a little and it just runs back to the right and freaks out.

Thank you for your support. 

OK,  you'll have to perform some minor surgery ---  take a phillips screwdriver and remove the top cover (first take off the 2 end caps, each one is held on with two screws).  There's a limiter switch / contact switch which you'll have to jiggle and make sure it is in the proper position.

Hey guys! Awesome! We took the top off and bent the little piece of metal down so it hit the contact switch. Everything works awesome now! Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

Like I said, a little bit of minor surgery, and you're good to go.

Yeah, I sometimes come up with the right answers, so here's a gold star for me  ;)

gold-star-48-white.jpg

• Like 3

2019 and this thread is still helping people like me. I was ready to take a sledgehammer to this thing.. is ok now cheers 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, zombrolio said:

2019 and this thread is still helping people like me. I was ready to take a sledgehammer to this thing.. is ok now cheers 

Hi can you share where you found the stopping thing I’m still having issues with it hitting the side 

On 6/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, zombrolio said:

Hi can you share where you found the stopping thing I’m still having issues with it hitting the side 

14 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Hey I am definitely missing those two parts on both sides? Don’t see them. I also hit the reset button now it doesn’t do anything anymore it’s a blank screen 

1 minute ago, Treal said:

Hey I am definitely missing those two parts on both sides? Don’t see them. I also hit the reset button now it doesn’t do anything anymore it’s a blank screen 

I can only show you what I found on UScutter site.  I don't own that cutter.  Maybe someone who has one, will drop in. 

Your posting to a thread about the SC vinyl cutter.   Do you have an SC  or an SC2 vinyl cutter?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your posting to a thread about the SC vinyl cutter.   Do you have an SC  or an SC2 vinyl cutter?  

Sc2