stickerman

Oracal 631 and layering

I have a question. I have a client that wants wall vinyl (oracal 631)9 ft long by 2 ft wide, then he wants his logo put on top of that. Should I use my normal oracal 651 or do I need to use 631 to do the layer?

Thanks

631 will stick to 631, well enough that you won't be able to seperate them.

You can also use 651 if that's what you have. I will make black 631 outlines and put gloss 651 on top of it. I like the contrast of the different finishes.

You can layer 651 on top, but if it's indoors it may reflect too much light because of the gloss finish. Thats why 631 is matte, so as not to make it harder to read when the light hits it.

Thanks for the info. Normally don't stock 631 but if I have to order it, sounds like I should just use 631 for all of it. Does anyone have any issues with 631 not sticking to textured walls?

631 layers nicely. Like Kal said, 651 is too shiney for indoors. The parrot below had 651 white and red because I ran out of 631. I have since replaced both colors with 631.

These are both 24in x 44in.

tiger00005.jpg

lil200001.jpg

Depending on the texture it will usually sitck. The type of paint seems to cause more problems for people. The new stain resistant paints prevent things from sticking to them. If you're unsure just take a small scrap piece and stick it up and see how well it stays.