Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

amazing flippin plotter

this thing puts out a full color banner just running it thru according to the picture - then the description gets better with "The typewriter does work, but it may need a few tweaks and perhaps the ribbon should be replaced. Buy this with the understanding it may need some TLC to operate at it's best, if you plan on hammering out a classic novel on it."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ioline-Vinyl-Sign-Cutter-Plotter-/151289119235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233988c203

Just needs a solenoid --- 

And good luck getting it to work, EVER.

Ioline cutter plotter cuts up to 32 inchs wide, to endless in length...

That's some good tracking.... and poor spellin'

Damn, all this time I've been doing it wrong. Should have known all I needed was a ribbon on my graphtec to print full color banners.

needs solenoid as stated above - works from a typewriter and it seams to do all the colors at once and put the grommets in if you look at the picture - I was amazed!

Same seller has an "HP LazeJet Toner Cartridge" for sale.  I'm thinking that spelling, grammar and proofreading aren't his strong points...

I was looking for a specific item on ebay the other night and the auction title said one thing, the picture with the auction was a completely different item and the description read something like "eeee".   I messaged the seller and he said it was a mistake and he would have to re-list the item....

• Like 1

You know, now being a new Ioline owner of the larger version of this exact cutter, I can assure you it gets better than printing a full color grommeted banner directly... IT ACTUALLY PRINTS MONEY! Full dollar bill currency in any denomination...since it's made in the USA it prints US dollars too! So I actually make $0.30/dollar extra in Canadian dollars! PHAN-TASTIC! Oh, FYI, April Fools! :lol:

Ok, for real, after resurrecting my new-to-me 15 year old Ioline beast recently, I can honestly say that this particular eBay advertisement, while poorly executed maaaaaay not have been so bad for the person who bought the cutter being sold. But, unless they had some technical chops, they would have most likely been disappointed originally.

If they read my recent post for the Smartrac I/S 130 they would have gleaned some useful information to make this cutter potentially work again. I never knew it had solenoids in it though... :rolleyes: I'm going to have to go look at the Repair Manual to see how much these cost. I may also name my next Goldfish Solenoid just because that's a cool name...

The saving grace though is that Ioline still sells parts for these cutters 15 or so years later so the person buying would have eventually got it working, I think.

post-96816-0-07279500-1459539177_thumb.j