Sign in to follow this  
laneygrafix

Soft Shell Jackets

Does anyone know a good place to get soft shell jackets? kind of like the north face ones? also has anyone heat pressed material on them? I bought one last fall at a fleet store for $20 on sale, guess i should have bought a bunch of them

I had a large project that included black soft shell jackets.  I did a single color design on the shoulder and a double color image on the front breast.  It was the 2nd time I had used my heat press material on a soft shell jacket.  They turned out fantastic.  This one was printed about 6 months ago.  In the photo, it looks creased on the left side, but jacket wasn't laid out smooth.  The heat press material seems to melt right into the soft shell jacket.  I really like using this type of material for heat press designs.
The company I made them for found the jackets at Costco, and purchased about 60 of them.  The price was similar to what I could find on the wholesale market (they were about $22 each).
Good Luck!

20th year

• Like 1

Softshell are probably fine but you want to check fabric because a lot of jackets are pure nylon and you will need to switch to something with the correct adhesive. I have some of the easyweed extra for nylon and was surprised at the grip that stuff gets. I missed the inside of a small letter and with regular easyweed you can usually re-heat and pull the offending piece off but I couldn't get the extra to come off. Luckily it was in a spot that you couldn't tell so I was ok.