showaride

lcd screen not working pcut630

just got my cutter and notice the lcd screen doesn't work. shows online but none of the buttons work. I need help. Can't change settings or anything.

Will cut but no home postion or anything.

I know this prob. has been asked but I can find anything on how to fix.

I think it has to do with the motherboard, again I THINK>

Did you do a search for LCD, screen or motherboard?

Do that.

Welcome to the forums. You will see this will be fixed real fast.

Joe

I did a search but now answers.  If someone can point me in the right direction. The cutter runs with SB but none of the buttons work. I just set it up and am new to

all this. I figure it has to be an easy fix since I can cut fine but can use the lcd at all just online.

when I push the online button it shows the version and go throght some number real quick then displays online, same thing with reset. Should I open the panel on the side of the LCD? I have read something about loose wires from shipping.

that would probably be the first thing Ken at Tech support will tell you to do. He will also tell you that it won't affect the warranty

that would probably be the first thing Ken at Tech support will tell you to do. He will also tell you that it won't affect the warranty

Yep, exactly. You can open the unit to investigate the connections to the motherboard. Located on the right side of the bottm panel.

I have the same problem as well, already replaced motherboard for previous problems along with powersupply.

Then lcd went nuts, if I take the screws out of the lcd board, it works again. So it is taped on top of pcut.

Not sure how the thing actually looks but if that is the case,it soulds like something is shorting something out. Have you tried removing one screw at a time to see if maybe one screw is touching something it shouldn't? You might also place some O rings between the screws and the cutter and tighten the screws down slowly,see at what point the thing stops working.