KDM_Freak

Inkscape to SCAP3

Hey all, 

Its been a while and I must say Im enjoying my titan 1 very very much first 2 weeks of making stickers I sold over a 100 bucks :) Thats prob. nothing for most of you but now I keep getting people that don't want just text, Most send me a pic or something and i copy it and open it in inkscape i then bitmap trace it and delete the original .. now SCAP3 won't open it says there is an error i watch youtube videos a lot and no one explains exactly how to do images i know they got to be vectored isn't that what i did with the bitmap ? very confused please help thank you - mike

i posted the pic someone wants done just to give an idea its .png idk how to change the location 

post-85848-0-37146000-1398894689_thumb.p

Sounds like you're on the right track. What format are you saving the vector file in? Another option would be to open the image in inkscape, do a select all and copy, then paste into SCAP.

• Like 1

Copy and paste won't work I tried that when i first started out and since then never bothered cause i wanted to learn how to vector.. And it don't give me an option to save as a different file unless I'm saving it wrong ?  and if Im not mistaken its a .jpg heres the original 

post-85848-0-27224400-1398896033_thumb.j

You should have many options to save, inkscape svg, plain svg, pdf, eps, and many more. Some programs do not like inkscape svg so plain svg is the best option for svg, you could also try eps. If most of what you are working on now is text why not just find the font. Tracing fonts never look as good as the original. If you need a logo you could try to auto trace it, but you would do yourself a favor by learning to trace it with the  bezier tool and learn to edit nodes.

i just wanted the logo on this the font i knew wouldn't trace well but i never seen it to were i can save as any you stated i normally hit save and it saves what ever it is ..

You should have many options to save, inkscape svg, plain svg, pdf, eps, and many more. Some programs do not like inkscape svg so plain svg is the best option for svg, you could also try eps. If most of what you are working on now is text why not just find the font. Tracing fonts never look as good as the original. If you need a logo you could try to auto trace it, but you would do yourself a favor by learning to trace it with the  bezier tool and learn to edit nodes.

Just find the font first, and you are all set on this one, font's don't trace well

Go to File, Save As, Then you can change the file name and select the file type from the drop down menu.

On a side note be carefull with what you sell the file you posted could get you in trouble with Trademark, Copyright infringement.

As far as he logo goes it should be eay to make with the star tool then edit the nodes a bit, add text offset it, union, then add the T and position it then object to path.

Copy and paste won't work I tried that when i first started out and since then never bothered cause i wanted to learn how to vector.. And it don't give me an option to save as a different file unless I'm saving it wrong ?  and if Im not mistaken its a .jpg heres the original 

Sorry, I didn't word that well. Once you do the trace and turn it into a vector you should be able to do a copy/paste of the vector image. The Save As should also get you what you need.

As for the tracing, this looks to be a simple enough one to learn on for doing a manual trace/recreation.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kal259" data-cid="356728" data-time="1398897479"><p>

Go to File, Save As, Then you can change the file name and select the file type from the drop down menu.<br />

On a side note be carefull with what you sell the file you posted could get you in trouble with Trademark, Copyright infringement.<br />

As far as he logo goes it should be eay to make with the star tool then edit the nodes a bit, add text offset it, union, then add the T and position it then object to path.</p></blockquote>

Thank you for the heads up is there something I can use to find if its trade marked this is what a guy sent me that he wanted done ... I dont want to get introuble. Thank you again

Google works in most cases. Seeing how it is the logo of company it is at the very least copyrighted and most likely a Trademark.