Sign in to follow this  
MidnightGlassworks

plunger not working on new graphtec ce6000-60

New plotter out of the box. It seems a lot has changed since my ce3000-60. I'm try ing to do a test cut adjust the blade length. However, the plunger isn't moving up and down. The blade holder will move side to side and go through the motions of doing a test cut but the blade will never plu ge down to make contact with the vinyl.

Does it move at all? Double check that the plunger is completely seated in the holder and the hold bracket is over the top of the flange.

one thought is since your ce3000 the blade holder changed and the flange on the blade holder goes UNDER the hold down bracket - you have to loosen it a lot to get it under there.  it isn't all friction holding it in anymore it actually holds down on that flange on the blade holder.

@express2100.... no, its doesnt move at all when it should. However, when I push up or down with my finger, it moves freely and isnt tight at all.

@dakotagrafx... Ive tried with the blade holder that came wit hthis new unit and ive tried with the old blade holder from the ce3000 and the fc8000; doesnt make a difference. I uncovered the tool carriage to see if maybe something wasnt fastened or connected, but im know technicican so even if something was out of place, i still wouldnt know.   Ive also gone into the menu, selected tool, and pressed the up/down feature. on my old unit (which is inop because it needs a new plunger) when i tried this feature, the pen/blade holder would mobe up and down when pressed. But this one; no dice

Time to call graphtec support tomorrow, I am not sure if it changed but used to be graphtec handled all support on their cutters no matter who sold it. If you are adventurous you could remove the plastic cover on the front to make sure all the wires are connected to the mb

Can't say incredible, it them a year and half to figure out what was wrong with mine, turned out the grit bar was defective, as the grit(s)  were not in the proper place when it was brand new.( Causing it to track wrong) First, they were not going to honor the warranty, but inn the end they did, after a heated call to the CEO of Graphtec, and the threat of these forums. Gave us a new machine, no problems since.