express2100

Graphtec Studio - How to change file format?

I designed a logo and would like to upload it to Vistaprint but it is in the wrong format. The error message says to rename the file as jpg pdf etc. The only way I know to do this is to double click the name in my folder and change the .gstudio to .jpg or .pdf but this doesn't work either. What am I missing? 

You could download a File Converter program or use the program you made you logo with and export it as a jpeg 

I hadn't found it either. I just did some through VistaPrint but I used Adobe Photoshop CS6 to do mine.  Came out pretty nice.  If you need any help, PM me

I would be surprised if you could convert or open that in anything other than GS.  It's proprietary.  :(

But if you figure it out, post it here cause I'd like to know.  

I dont think they are actually trying to convert the file, just change the suffix allowing them to upload.

Oh, one thing you COULD try...

Free PDF Maker.  

Gerdac PDF Creator or something alike.  They basically install "as a printer" so you would go to FILE and PRINT and you'd choose the plugin for the Free PDF maker. Not sure of the resolution but that may be an option. 

Yeah I hear ya Verm. Thanks

Maybe I GS Pro will allow it. If so maybe I should upgrade to that. Hate to change design software to AI or something else as I am still wet behind the ears!

Well, they have to be able to open it on their side to print it I think.  Snipping Tool is too low of a resolution since these are business cards. 

I'd try the free pdf maker that installs as if it's a printer

I dont think they are actually trying to convert the file, just change the suffix allowing them to upload.

Yes I believe you are correct.

Oh, one thing you COULD try...

Free PDF Maker.  

Gerdac PDF Creator or something alike.  They basically install "as a printer" so you would go to FILE and PRINT and you'd choose the plugin for the Free PDF maker. Not sure of the resolution but that may be an option. 

Sure More complications ;)

ah, but I can :)  Throwing that pdf writer on now. Shoot me a PM  and I'll give you my email for the GS file - and I'd be happy to give it a try for ya. Didn't realize you're using a mac

I avoid proprietary formats like the plague. (I know that info doesn't help you... sorry)

I just got a Graphtec a week ago and wondered about the G studio software.

Just wanted to Thank You, express, for helping me make up my mind about installing & trying it.

It's not a bad app honestly.  Not the best, but it's not bad if you're doing something that just needs some quick text or something.  I've been using it to try to figure out the contour cut - but I prefer Corel or Flexi personally

• Like 1

Blacked out for a minute there.... Sorry, what were you saying? ;)

Ha Ha....... I assume you are waiting for an update on the finished product? Should be delivered by the end of the week. Thanks again for the help!!

Haha...actually there's a post that got deleted but it was incredibly long and on blogging lol

Anytime on the help. Cards looked good so they should turn out well

No idea what you are referring too but yes the cards turned out great! Next time I'll choose a larger font but they are sharp IMO.