Sign in to follow this  
MidnightGlassworks

New graphtec ce6000-60 reading "hardware tool position alarm"

Just received this plotter todat, set it up. truend it on... asked me for the language and whether i chose metric or inches, then it started beeping and alarming with an error "e01022 hardware tool position alarm. please turn off and then back on."

each time i turn it on, it gives me the same error.

Ive tried the factory reset (hold the up arrow and turn on the unit while still holding the p arrow) but im still getting the same outcome.

Anything I can do to fix it or is it dead in the water and I need to get a replacement?

Turn it off, then manually move the blade holder to the middle of the cutter, now turn it back on. Let's see if that works.

As pshawny said reposition the blade holder and turn it back on, I've even had to factory reset it once. The only times that this has ever happened to me was when i moved the blade holder away from the pinch roller while loading vinyl with the machine on.

Is the arm for the blade holder moving and the blade holder is not touching the vinyl, that could be that the blade holder is not seated in the bracket. If the arm does not move at all I'm not sure. Can always call Graphtec tech support.

@kal259... turns out the plotter was defective out of the box, graptec says it shouldnt matter where the tool carriage iswhen powering on so i should never have gotten the error on start up to begin with. even after i got it to get to the menu, the plunger wouldnt move up or down when cutting. graphtec is getting the distributor to send another one out

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue;

Turned off, placed in the middle, turned on and I still got the same result.

Any other issue I can check?

I'm having the same issue;

Turned off, placed in the middle, turned on and I still got the same result.

Any other issue I can check?

Is it a new or used cutter?  If new,   contact Graphtec, or if you bought it new from UScutter, contact UScutter Monday....

1 hour ago, Chetan said:

I have just bought the graphtech plotter and have an issue with the error e01022. 

Contact tech support.   This is a user to user forum. If the cutter is new, it is under warranty. 

From the online manual (pg. 240):

Possible Cause: The plotter is defective. There was a heavy load on the up and down function of the tool carriage.

Solution: Please clear any obstruction in the up and down function of the tool carriage and turn the power back on. If the error display continues to show, please contact the store where you bought the product or the Graphtec Customer Center.

• Like 1