Sign in to follow this  
daynj

CTO630 "working laser" on LCD when sending commands from PC

Hi

I have just purchased a PCUT CTO630.

All of the operations are working on the control pad in "offline mode" but as soon as I set it to "online" and try to send it a command from the PC, the cutter LCD just displays "working laser" and nothing happens.

How can I fix this problem?

The software I have tried is SignCut Pro and SignBlazer.

I have set up the cutter preferences how the tutorials have said to yet I still receive this problem and I cannot find a solution to it anywhere.

I have tried it with both USB and serial connections.

Thanks.

Hi, i see that you have posted regarding a different issue with this cutter since posting about the "working laser" issue so I assume you have managed to sort this, could you please post what the issue was, i'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

Adam.

i am also having this issue

i have double checked that the baud rate and comm ports match but still have no luck

anybody have a solution

I solved the problem

I had to raise the baud rate in both device manager and signcut to (I think) 1480 and it worked

• Like 1

Thanks, I guess I have some more settings to mess with, I got bored or trying different com settings last time :)

I think that baud rate was wrong I set to 38400 and it works

But I had the same issue and i was beginning my head against a brick wall and saw something somewhere regards the baud rate and it worked

Although I don't have much luck using the cutter with signcut it always stops halfway through the job

I have had more luck with signblazer elements which seems to work fine although the program itself is rather ugly and hard to navigate and get used to

I wanted to use signcut because of the plugin for illustrator you can just export the design and that's it done with

Signblazers a mess in that aspect