Sign in to follow this  
Pastimes

Holy Cow! Is the SC cutter supposed to be this LOUD?

I just went from an older USC Laser cut that was giving me trouble to a new SC 24".

My goodness! This thing is outrageously loud. I thought my old one was loud, but this thing is ridiculous.

I was cutting Siser Easy Weed and my family had to come in to see if a plane was landing or something.

Is this a normal thing, or do I have a brand-new defect?

From everything I have read from others,  the SC machine is loud.  If your looking for a quiet machine, go with the cutters with the servo motors.  Nice and quiet.   Stepper motors are loud.

I just went from an older USC Laser cut that was giving me trouble to a new SC 24".

My goodness! This thing is outrageously loud. I thought my old one was loud, but this thing is ridiculous.

I was cutting Siser Easy Weed and my family had to come in to see if a plane was landing or something.

Is this a normal thing, or do I have a brand-new defect?

Can you make an audio recording and post it?

From everything I have read from others,  the SC machine is loud.  If your looking for a quiet machine, go with the cutters with the servo motors.  Nice and quiet.   Stepper motors are loud.

My Copam machine has steppers and is very quiet, same for my old Pcut.

• Like 1

Can you make an audio recording and post it?

My Copam machine has steppers and is very quiet, same for my old Pcut.

My Seiki is not that loud either, but I have sure heard a lot of SC owners say that their machine is loud,  One person told me, can't run it at night, wakes people up.  

also there are several qualities of stepper motors - the reason the copam is quieter is it has better steppers.

I have owned a Laserpoint 1, a MH-721, & now a Graphtec CE-6000-60. The Laserpoint 1 was slightly noisy, mostly fan noise if I remember correctly. The MH-721 sounded like a very intense robot orgy. The Graphtec is whisper quiet.

So if the SC is anything like the MH, then yes, it should be annoyingly noisy.

• Like 2

I have a SC and it is loud. Also it you have the blade alittle to deep then sound like a old 6cly taps rocker arm. I had to change my strip but learning. But yes loud. Another thing doing fair good size cuts. Shut machine down so your

memory don't shut it down.