smendlik

Graphtec CE6000-60 on Craigslist - Warren, MI

quarters, halfs, dimes, anything pure silver was the goal

even some uncirculated and a bar or two. all buried around the silo and overgrown for many many years - we had to cut some trees that were 10" plus to get to them,   luckily one kid remembered it

I am sure more . . . .before the year 2000 they had the market cornered on TP, canned food, and had a wind powered windmill and pump put in so the family would survive when everything went bad

got her home - we need to get better acquainted as it is like anything different.  The ce3000, ce5000, qe60+ are all the same cutter and interface  this one is different and will take getting used to.  it already has a 60 degree cleancut in it (blade that was in it was out 20 times too far . . . .firmware updated thinking a little more tweaking and I will be happy but again interface will take some getting used to and the drivers I have for flexi it isn't polling the plotter yet so need to work that out too

Congrats on the new baby.  As I'm very ignorant with specifics of Graphtec's can you say what the differences are between the ce5000 you already owned and this ce6000 is that made you buy it?

Not much...the newer one has more downforce pressure options and a nicer larger lighted display.

When i saw the new one running at the expo i went to it was pretty cool...but i dont think theres a lot of difference between the two..at least nothing that makes me really need to trade up right now.

Thanks gcextreme.  I'm at the point where if the price is right I will be able to upgrade from my USCutter SC to a Graphtec and was looking at the CE5000 as even the new price at USCutter isn't bad since it's an older model.  Sounds like for my need the ce5000 will be just fine.

Yeah i love my ce5...it cuts great..its a workhorse..

when i joined this forum last year i was looking to just get a cheap cutter like the SC or Laser II, i slowly got talked into getting the graphtec, it was about $600 more than i had planned to spend lol...sure am glad i did tho!

It would be worth the extra money just for the silence. I wear earplugs when I make cuts that will take a while.  My ears ring enough already.

Does the ce5 have enough cutting force to cut reflective vinyl?

so far because of my experience I am loving the ce5000 - I just need to figure my way around the ce6000 - cuts so far are the same so quality is good. with the price that usc has on the ce5000 I wouldn't hesitate a minute to buy one.  I have been really tired lately so i set the 6000 up on the design computer to work the kinks out before I move it down to the main production area . . . .so far I can't get the 6000 to poll the vinyl size as far as when I change rolls it should be able to report back to flexi the size it is set up for - I spoiled on that. another is I need to figure out how to make it feed the vinyl faster when I want to forward it - the ce5000 sends a couple inches slow then speeds up - first try last night thee 6000 feeds it at a turtles pace but again I am sure that is something I just need to find the difference on.

It hasn't gone unnoticed by me that the ce5000 is on sale right now.  If I get the two jobs I have placed bids on I'll probably pull the trigger on one.  If I don't get the jobs I'll have to wait for a great deal on a used one <cough, wink, hint>

• Like 1

I need to figure out how to make it feed the vinyl faster when I want to forward it - the ce5000 sends a couple inches slow then speeds up - first try last night thee 6000 feeds it at a turtles pace but again I am sure that is something I just need to find the difference on.

Well, it's pretty complicated so try to stay with me.

Step 1: Hold down the fast button.

Step 2: See step 1

Step 3: See steps 1-2

Step 4: See steps 1-3

Okay, I'm done being a smart ass. Enjoy your new toy!

Well, it's pretty complicated so try to stay with me.

Step 1: Hold down the fast button.

Step 2: See step 1

Step 3: See steps 1-2

Step 4: See steps 1-3

Okay, I'm done being a smart ass. Enjoy your new toy!

. Ok wondered what that button was for. Can you get your flexi to poll the vinyl size? If so what version

I can.....  I have to push the little button in the production manager and then it retrieves the size and changes my preview window to the correct size.  If my decal is bigger then the vinyl it tiles it.  

hmmm - must be my version of ve-lxi-master plus 10.5 that isn't allowing it to get the vinyl size - will try it on the dumbed down 7.5 flexi soon

found the problem - the roller sensors were off so it couldn't calculate the width of the roll!  slowly we are getting along better.  cuts are everything I had expected after putting in a new cleancut and adjusting the blade properly.  it was out far enough to cut the thickest sandblast resist when I got it.
forgot to mention the previous owner was the nicest person from Detroit I have ever met - now most I have met from there are nice but these people were very very nice.