fedjastacey

signcut and joys mt871 cutter stoops cutting before finishing

hey all

i am using a backup cutter, only a cheao joys mt871, its all setup as refine in the settings menu but for some reason, i set everything up, load my image in signcut and it starts cutting fine, and i am pretty sure as soon as the time elapsed/time remaining box goes of the screen the cutter just holts and never actually completes a job.  its usually a few minutes into the cut.

i have a similar setup but with a ct630 cutter and that never fails me.

is there anything in the settings that i could change or do to make the cutter complete a job.  its so annoying and it just wastes vinyl.

thanks for any help in advance :)

The Refine cutters are very limited on memory,   You could put the cutter on a serial cable, serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter(brand name by Tripp-lite)  and it will have a better connection  Make sure cutter is grounded to stand if you have one.    Also  wipe the vinyl with a dryer sheet for static.   The Creation Pcut is a much better machine.

Also, make sure you turn the cutter off and on between jobs, it clears the memory.

For sure, go with serial cable (null modem).

I had an MH/refine that would freeze like nuts on USB and once I switched to serial things went smoothly even on stuff 20 feet long.