gcextreme

Doing my enclosed cargo trailer!

Well i started doing my enclosed cargo trailer today.

Decided to design my logo around the bolts..

This is the first part..more to come.

20140425_184804_zps20a02a62.jpg

Glen, you know me and I am going to be honest, not a huge fan of the holes. I think in part because they bolts are not centered in them so it draws my eyes to that and doesn't look neat. Other than that it's good

• Like 1

I appreciate your honesty man...and i tried going over the bolts, didnt work so well, wasted some material...got pissed and said, screw it...did my measurements and came up with this design....and i am already 1 step ahead of you on that....i am going to either:

1. remove the bolt and put vinyl there and put the bolt back...

2. paint the inners red...

But this being my first big big thing and my first trailer..its a learning experience too.. :)

• Like 2

Is that a cast vinyl? Should have been able to heat it and hit it with a tennis ball. I was installing something for my dad a couple of months ago and when I pulled out the rollipro he asked about it and thought I was nuts paying 60 for it but it has been great to have many times

Ps hail mark makes a great trailer, mine just needs the aluminum fenders polished with some mothers mag cleaner to bring them back, bare aluminum doesn't look so well after 3 years.

cast??? its just oracal 651...

and i didnt want to really go over the bolts, incase i ever need to replace them or work on the trailer...would rather still have access to them.

I just read the part where you said you tried going over them and thought you must have used cast, calandered will never conform to a bolt or rivet. I hope to never need to remove the outer skin, but getting ready to add e track to mine

Looks great won't miss that going down the road, nice eye catcher ...

Looks great won't miss that going down the road, nice eye catcher ...

Thanks...gotta get this side done, then do the other side..then work on the back door and the front!! It's gonna be a rolling advertisement and big eyecatcher!!

Moveable attachment points inside the trailer

Bringing home new 70" tv last winter had to screw the ratchet straps to the sides, and for transporting things like printers will be easier to position straps

Cool where do u get these etracks at??

And how come when i am at work at my day time fulltime job..time just ticks slowly by and the day lasts forever...but the moment i start doing projects at home, time flies by so dam fast!! wtf!! not fair!

Cool where do u get these etracks at??

And how come when i am at work at my day time fulltime job..time just ticks slowly by and the day lasts forever...but the moment i start doing projects at home, time flies by so dam fast!! wtf!! not fair!

As my jailbird brother used to say "Fun flies when you're doing time!"

• Like 1

As my jailbird brother used to say "Fun flies when you're doing time!"

not so much when you are working there 

I appreciate your honesty man...and i tried going over the bolts, didnt work so well, wasted some material...got pissed and said, screw it...did my measurements and came up with this design....and i am already 1 step ahead of you on that....i am going to either:

1. remove the bolt and put vinyl there and put the bolt back...

2. paint the inners red...

But this being my first big big thing and my first trailer..its a learning experience too.. :)

Why not get some paint mixed the color of the vinyl to mask such a small areas. Other than the bolts sore thumbs it looks great. -kid

I know it's you logo but on that dark background I'd try to incorporate some the yellow into the mouse and 4 wheeler to help them pop.

When I did mine, I trimmed as close to the screws as possible and used testers model paint for the screw heads.

They got colors to match anything.

• Like 1