UponAShelf

I have a question (I promise I have done my research)

Sure Cuts A Lot is what came with my cutter, so I am trying to learn it. I have watched MANY tutorials on working with fonts, but every tutorial that I have come across is only using one word at a time. It may be that I am not searching the correct terms, therefor I have been unable to find the answer to my question. I am looking for a tutorial that will show me how to create and manipulate a quote (so more than one word) using multiple fonts? My comparison is I want to be able to type a quote using word and able to align it and change the fonts one word at a time...is that possible?

just put in one word - then click away to create a new text box for the next etc and change each as needed

So, just curious I have to do it word, by word? Also am wondering if I do it that way, what if there is too much spacing between words....does that make sense? Or is there a way to auto align?

if it is the kind of set up I am thinking of they do them word by word - you can add a temporary grid or box to help align and then delete that afterwards but most of the ones like you are mentioning they do different fonts and font size for each word and make them fit like a tetris game

Are you thinking subway art? I am thinking something more basic, like the saying below to cut and add the vinyl to a board.....but using a different font for the upper case words.....so for example if I type this into word I can easily align them, and change them to the font a prefer.....in Sure Cuts A Lot I am finding that i have to do it word, by word...which is fine if there isn't another option.

GRANDPAS

are there

to help

CHILDREN

get into the

MISCHIEF

that they

haven’t

THOUGHT

of YET

What you want to do is easy to accomplish in SignBlazer (an alternative application that is now abandonware, and thus costs nothing to use)

SBE does let you type in multi-lines of text (which SCAPro does not) and then, after you have the whole thing entered, go to the TEXT menu and choose "Split Lines" which results in each segment being editable independently.

• Like 2

SCALP is seriously lacking function with text. No enter to start a new line pretty much mothballed it for me.

• Like 1

You are welcome.

By the way, jaybird, I think we all would be happy campers if SignBlazer gets re-issued by another company that decides to develop it further, and the text-editing can be brought up to the level of FLEXI (where you can really get creative with text and fonts easily).

In the meantime, it's more than adequate, and serves us well for most standard jobs in our sign making industry.

• Like 1

I would of stayed with signblazer back when I bought it but when Jerry died and I couldn't get my license transferred to a different pc and the nag screen was driving me bonkers I gave up and went with corel. Wish they would rework it and offer up an updated version. It would be the death of scalp.

SCALP is seriously lacking function with text. No enter to start a new line pretty much mothballed it for me.

that is what happens when you take a craft program and try to make a professional cuttin/design program out of it. Mine has froze up several times when tracing that I have gave up on it all together I prefer signblazer 10 to 1 over scalp. I also have flexi 10

• Like 1

If someone would take corel and merge it with the cutting side of signblazer I'd be a happy camper. 

• Like 1

flexi pro seams to be corel based design and a great cutting end - pretty sure they must licence that part from corel

• Like 1

So, just curious I have to do it word, by word? Also am wondering if I do it that way, what if there is too much spacing between words....does that make sense? Or is there a way to auto align?

You might want to download inkscape. It's free. Does a much better job with text.