Sign in to follow this  
LKline

MH871 MK2

Seems like I'm doing more research on the internet than actually using this thing. Beyond frustrated. Tightened the pitch rollers, make sure the vinyl has slack in the roll so the machine doesn't have to pull it, also adjusted all 4 gold knobs so they're equal, and my text still trails either high or low on a 6" decal. I'm literally at my wits end of going to bed once a week annoyed at this machine, and finally coming to reality that it's a budget cutter and a scrap of junk.

Hard to tell in this picture since I had to crop it down a lot, but the text is tailing downward 5/16 ( bottom of I and the bottom of the rounded part of the g ) of an inch, pretty obvious looking at it.

post-54893-0-05152000-1398213101_thumb.j

post-54893-0-58319800-1398214209_thumb.j

Perhaps your grit rollers are loose? They're held onto the axle with allen screws, check that they're tightened.

• Like 1

Perhaps your grit rollers are loose? They're held onto the axle with allen screws, check that they're tightened.

Will definitely look into this. I've tightened everything imaginable on this machine that involves a phillips head, but haven't seen any allen screws. Off to Youtube it, thanks.

I can save you the trouble of going to YouTube ---  This picture illustrates what you're looking for (where the allen screws are located).

This is an SC unit, but the MH would be the same situation.

post-21408-0-38338900-1398261417_thumb.j

• Like 1

I can save you the trouble of going to YouTube ---  This picture illustrates what you're looking for (where the allen screws are located).

This is an SC unit, but the MH would be the same situation.

You're the man. Unfortunately, they are tight. The allen screws aren't lined up identical on the left compared to the right, not sure if that makes any difference. I'm just about to throw in the towel with this thing. Had nothing but problems with everything involved with this thing. I've literally scoured these forums up and down, youtubed, googled, and have done everything short of calling the president. UsCutter was extremely helpful with remote assist for 2 hours on a keyspan adapter, went through 2 of those, 2 null serial modem cables, updated every driver possible, yet they can't figure out why my cutter isn't getting the data. Just kept crashing and failing on ext loopback test. Yet, as they agreed, it's nothing to do with my pc because nothing else is failing.

Thanks man, back to annoyed again. Sorry for the rant. I guess I'll walk away from this thing for a few days or a week and start over.