MadHatterGraphix

Regret buying your size printer?

Do you regret buying your printer and why? Or if you don't why?

Only thing I regret I can do 13X19 prints only due to the price of the paper. And my heat press isn't that big.

I bought a 13" wide Epson 1430, then a week or two later picked up a like new 24" wide 7900. The 1430 just collects dust right now. I don't use them for sublimation, but they could be.

Why is the Ricoh 7100DN $1075 more expensive than the 3110DN? It's only 2.5" wider isn't it?

Why is the Ricoh 7100DN $1075 more expensive than the 3110DN? It's only 2.5" wider isn't it?

Size matters :) And it costs which is why for my step up I'm going back to Epson

• Like 1

Size matters :) And it costs which is why for my step up I'm going back to Epson

a lot cheaper that is for sure even at the expense of ink I will tell ya Print payless sublimation ink is the best non sawgrass ink I never have to use a profile its made specifically for Epson.

• Like 1

There are roughly 10,000 cool items that you can sublimate with a letter sized printer.

There are many even cooler items that require at least a tabloid sized printer - and those seem to be the things that my customers want - custom cake pans, 12" photo tiles, large felt pennants, etc.  I'm sure there is plenty of money to be made with only a letter sized sublimation printer, but I'd never want to go back

• Like 1

I have a WF 30 and a Artisan 1430. never regretted either well haven't got to use the 1430 yet waiting on ink. Waiting to buy a oki data led color printer then may regret getting the wf 30. Over all they have been great.

I have a WF30 and wish I would have went bigger. When I eventually do then I think I'm going to convert the WF30 over to regular dye ink and just use it for regular printing. Great printer and with Cobraink systems tanks it's real affordable to use.