Wildgoose

Murphy strikes again!

Never seems to fail. My printer will work flawlessly for weeks and even in the test print right before I stick a sheet of JPSS in and THEN it decides to clog a head. Fourteen cleaning cycles later and maybe we will be going again. I just wish you could clean a selective head. 

The other thing that is a pisser is that the printer is faking it. I have the CIS tanks so obviously it's no where near out but the little brain in there says it's out so it does the whole "I'm dyyyiiiinnnngggg." print just to show you that it thinks its out. 

Just venting to blow some steam. Actually have had a great time with the Epson WF30 but sometimes it still pisses me off!

• Like 1

I'm going to have to do that cleaning tank mod one of these days or my sponge is going to be all filled up. The pigment ink is great but man, when it does decide to plug, whew...it's a lot of work to get it unplugged. I finally got it and got through the stack of shirts. Just hate wasting a precious hour. I have fallen into doing $4 shirts for the seniors at the high school next door when they have their yearly mock "Summit" They supply the shirts and I decorate them with their country flags or maps or about whatever they come up with. Helps the kids and gets some exposure but it isn't cool to have my printer melt down right in the middle. LOL

Curse of the Epson. I just bought a 7510 to go with my 435 that I'm setting up cis to do large transfers and I think I'll leave a note on the light switch so when I turn on the lights I'll remember to print something. At least the ink is cheaper than Richoh because if my Ricoh did that I'd just sit here and cry.

Never seems to fail. My printer will work flawlessly for weeks and even in the test print right before I stick a sheet of JPSS in and THEN it decides to clog a head. Fourteen cleaning cycles later and maybe we will be going again. I just wish you could clean a selective head. 

The other thing that is a pisser is that the printer is faking it. I have the CIS tanks so obviously it's no where near out but the little brain in there says it's out so it does the whole "I'm dyyyiiiinnnngggg." print just to show you that it thinks its out. 

Just venting to blow some steam. Actually have had a great time with the Epson WF30 but sometimes it still pisses me off!

Are you switching from pigment ink to sublimation on this machine

Are you switching from pigment ink to sublimation on this machine

Nah, I have pigment for t-shirts and some day I will get a larger format unit and switch it over to regular printer ink (still in the CIS tanks though). I know it's the pigment ink that's the main culprit due to the high solids. I wish the tanks were somehow mounted on the carrier so they go shook up a little better. I take them off and do the recommended mild swoosh thing they recommend about every six months. I have sometimes had issues tipping them down too far and getting bubbles in the lines so it's all a little tricky. Great printer as long as you use it regular. Shoot I buy the 5 pack with two blacks for like $35 plus shipping and it pretty much lasts me all year. My old printer which wasn't even pigment cost more than that for one set of cartridges and I went through them every two months or so and was much more worried about wasting it so I didn't print much if I could avoid it. With this thing I print all the time just to keep the ink moving and like I say it lasts WAY longer. 

This is the exact reason my new WF7010 has been sitting with the ink not installed yet.  I'm terrified to get it clogged hahaha...   Seeing things like this keep me standing on the ledge.. hahah  

Glad you got it working though!

Just run a print every few days and it'll be fine. I left epson for a while but am slowly switching back (just got 7510 last weekend) but I never let them sit more than a few days and it seems to keep the heads flowing good.