THEJTINS

Siser Heat Tranfer Easy Weed Vinyl Newbie

I have a roll of this that a customer bought for me to cut some logos to go on t-shirts for here. She does heat pressing. This stuff is super new to me. I've never cut it before. It seems really thin and has a clear backing on it. Any advice on how I need to go about cutting it and what I can expect?

Cut it dull side up and make sure to mirror your design. I use the same settings that I use for regular vinyl.

Did I mention to mirror your design?:huh:?

• Like 4

↑↑↑ What Jay said. Make sure to get paid decently for your time. Is it a complicated design? Are you cutting and weeding, or just cutting?

It weeds really nice. It's kind of hard pulling it off but you don't usually pull things out that you don't mean too.

Did I mention to mirror your design?:huh:

It weeds really nice. It's kind of hard pulling it off but you don't usually pull things out that you don't mean too.

Did I mention to mirror your design? :huh:

Don't forget to tell him to mirror the design. Even then you'll still screw up once in a while.

• Like 3

i have no clue with this stuff. the customer is a friend of mine from church. she knows I haven't used this stuff before so she's cool with it. I priced it pretty cheap simply because I was curious to use some HTV

You mirror your design because the side that's up on the cutter is what goes against the fabric. The clear is like the application tape. You want your design to be in reverse of what you do with normal decals.

• Like 2

I'd lay odd that if you go over there and help with the install you will be buying your own heat press within 3 business days.  ;)

• Like 5

So I had just got around to cutting this stuff. What a piece of cake it was!! No problems at all. And Surprise Surprise my wife says "ohh lets buy a heat press. LOL

• Like 2

Reminds me of, "The Early Bird gets the worm but the Second Mouse gets the Cheese!". :)

• Like 2

so a quick update. I cut a few samples for her to try out. It's all the same design so no crazy setups and resets. She called me today and told me to cut the whole roll for her in the one design. I use 6 inches of material for one cut. $5 a pop for the whole 10 yrd roll that she bought. SCORE!!!

• Like 1