iamandy

First cut on the new cutter

Finally got the new cutter up this weekend. This is the fruit of my efforts.

post-85598-0-04157100-1398100335_thumb.j

• Like 4

Thanks! It was a challenge to weed. I wanted something that would help me learn different skills with weeding. I think I've got the hang of it now!

I haven't figured out a great way yet. I usually cut a square around some of it with my exacto knife and pull that part out then go to the next place. Sometimes slow and easy, and sometimes jerking on it lol. I'll get it one day.

Very impressive! I think my first cut was a square and then a circle for my second since I wanted to challenge myself a little more. 

• Like 1

Lol. My first was the test cut the cutter does where it cuts out 2 squares.

I haven't figured out a great way yet. I usually cut a square around some of it with my exacto knife and pull that part out then go to the next place. Sometimes slow and easy, and sometimes jerking on it lol. I'll get it one day.

What program are you using to cut vinyl? Signblazer has a function called easy weed in the setup area in the cutter control area.

I also sometimes cut areas that will be a pain into smaller pulls.

I use Flexisign-Pro with the Mimaki CJV30-130. It's what the government bought. Unfortunately I'm on a government computer so if you need to install something, ha, good luck. It will take months to get an admin off his butt in another building to come over and authorize it to be installed. I'm very limited here.

I use Flexisign-Pro with the Mimaki CJV30-130. It's what the government bought. Unfortunately I'm on a government computer so if you need to install something, ha, good luck. It will take months to get an admin off his butt in another building to come over and authorize it to be installed. I'm very limited here.

You got the good dude. Haven't used that program but I hear it's like the tip of the top. It should have some weeding options if you are having problems with weeding but that may not be what you were saying. 

Just curious about how long it took to weed that.

It took me about an hour total in 2 1/2 hour shifts. 

Before you know it you'll be getting faster and faster at weeding. But that is still a lot of weeding there. Nice Job