Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeCleaning

Horizontal Vs. Vertical

I'm trying to cut Horizontal on a 24"  cutter. So I change my setting to Horizontal and screen shows its cutting Horizontal on my mat. But when I go to cut it cuts Vertical. Its worked before with no problem. I call support they kept saying something about text.. Please Help you sure cut pro's.

When you hit cut, the window that pops u will show you how it will cut on your roll of vinyl, the little black arrows will be the leading edge of your vinyl. Make sure that what ever file your cutting is going the right direction on the vinyl. (I'm no scalp pro but I did sleep at a Holiday inn last night!)

Donn

I have my setting for Horizontal but still cuts Vertical.

Does it look ok in the preview window? There has to be something simple that is missed .

It does look ok. In the preview window and in fact it even imports Horizontal like I want it to cut. Thank you trying to help me figure this out  30-284

One more thing to check is that you don't make the size of your mat any wider than the width of your material, that has messed me up more than once.

Rotate your object if your width is greater than 24" and your height is less than. I have a 14" cutter and can cut objects greater than 14" this way. Set your mat to match your vinyl. As long as your object is not greater than your margins you can position your file to cut by rotating it to fit your mat.

20-284 length is 29 and width is 12" And that's what my lettering to be. The Kid I 'll try the rotate in the morning.

If your mat is 29" x 12" and your letters are that same size then when you press cut the window that pops up, it  should show your file within those boundaries and should cut accordingly, just make sure that the black arrows that indicate the end or beginning of your vinyl are locate at the end of your letters and not along the bottom of them.

Donn

Ok if this makes any since the width and Height need to be set just the opposite. So say I want to cut have mat set to Horizontal and you want to cut  32" long well set your 32" has height and width to 15" and it will cut Horizontal 32" long. 15"  Even thro you mat will show what we see has Vertical. So it's butt backwards. 20-284 didn't get must sleep and I must have slept at the Days Inn. and Thanks you trying to help guys. And The Kid you might try this on your 14" cutter.