tooler82

Users willing to help

After being on this forum  for awhile, I can see some people who are willing to help anyway they can. I can also tell there's a lot curmudgeon type of people here too. To all of you who help other's and don't expect anything, thank you for making this forum a well educating and helpful site. For all you older one's who want to bitch about everything people post, why not just stay off of here and let the good one's help users?

Some of us are more cranky than others but without the "older" ones there wouldn't be the knowledge base that there is. We all have pissy days both older and newer members but honestly if someone bothers you that much you may need thicker skin as I was told recently when I became extremely annoyed with a member on here.

• Like 10

As a side note if it's anybody in particular go to the top right where your name shows and there are user preferences where you can set it to ignore certain members. See I can be helpful.

• Like 6

ummm that be me - the pain in the A$$ that is  . . . . . the comment "Why search the internet when there's so many helpful people here usually willing to help? I see graphic requests all the time that people have stuff."   struck a nerve with me .   like Jay said block my content and it will make it all rosie on your end.   I try to help, direct and elevate so the learning process continues - not just keep changing out the bottles so people remain dependent on others.

Grouchie is going for some coffee to get in a better mood now

• Like 7

block my name also..'Cause I am blocking yours... I do a ton of searching on the internet for answers for forum members.. There is more info out there,  even the questions and answers on the USCUTTER forum come up..It's a .faster, easier. search.      And I hope you never need a font identified.   :rolleyes:

• Like 6

I hope nobody locks this because I'm really interested to see how this turns out. Pretty please...

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

These curmudgeons are trying to teach everyone how to fish.

I personally don't have a problem with people asking for help. I see people on street corners doing it all the time. Some actually need the hand up others are too lazy to help themselves. You can always look the other way and drive by. Like with them, I have the ability to pick and choose who I help out.

• Like 2

You have those type of people that are cranky around you all the time. They only get annoyed when people keep coming back for so much help and not trying to help themselves.. If you feel like you are getting annoyed then do not read it or respond to it.. Wherever you go you will have the nice ones and the cranky ones it is the nature of the beast.. The old timers on here give alot of info that they do not have to give and if it was not for them where would you be with vinyl today.. 

• Like 4

"Give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

These curmudgeons are trying to teach everyone how to fish.

I personally don't have a problem with people asking for help. I see people on street corners doing it all the time. Some actually need the hand up others are too lazy to help themselves. You can always look the other way and drive by. Like with them, I have the ability to pick and choose who I help out.

and there is a critical juncture where one becomes the other - with encouragement and direction they hopefully become self sustaining members of the community again.   in this case we are in the way too early stages to say that is where we are going but the seeds needed to be planted before it becomes second nature.  teaching to fish and where to fish helps sustain the entire community.   If someone doesn't have the ability to learn to fish that is another story and is usually supported for life by family and society as a whole.

On a side note i have seen Mz skeeter post how to set a blade so many times and keeps posting it.. She is a phenomenal person for that.. 

• Like 6

On a side note i have seen Mz skeeter post how to set a blade so many times and keeps posting it.. She is a phenomenal person for that.. 

I've almost memorized her directions word for word by now. Being cranky doesn't mean we don't help it just means we're cranky. I can tell you that the post Tyler made above would of been met with a lot nastier response at some of the other forums where the really cranky people hang out. In the end this will either blow over or somebody will walk away. No loss to me either way but I would always prefer to see a happy outcome.

• Like 1

I don't mind helping at times but to see someone as for something that's already on the forum search first, search on Google or bing. If you then can not find it ask. Don't ask someone to always this or that image it gets old and people don't like working for other people for free.

• Like 3

Like many here, my decision to help out is usually based loosely on how new they are, the topic and my mood at the time. I'm much more inclined to be helpful if someone is a total newbie and also if it happens to be one of my pet subjects. Some newbies don't even know when they are stretching the boundaries on questions but even then I think a crank now and then is good for society so they learn even if it's the unpleasant way. As noted above, if you feel you have been offended then go try one of the other forums and ask the same question and you'll soon learn that THIS forum is SUPER nice! Ha ha!

I can only imagine the response. "So I just got my new cutter and am having some problems with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro when I try to flip my design it goes off the cutting mat, what am I doing wrong? You would think for $189.00 they would make this easier to use!" THE FLAMES WOULD MELT THE COMPUTER INTO A GLOB! LOL

• Like 4

Like many here, my decision to help out is usually based loosely on how new they are, the topic and my mood at the time. I'm much more inclined to be helpful if someone is a total newbie and also if it happens to be one of my pet subjects. Some newbies don't even know when they are stretching the boundaries on questions but even then I think a crank now and then is good for society so they learn even if it's the unpleasant way. As noted above, if you feel you have been offended then go try one of the other forums and ask the same question and you'll soon learn that THIS forum is SUPER nice! Ha ha!

I can only imagine the response. "So I just got my new cutter and am having some problems with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro when I try to flip my design it goes off the cutting mat, what am I doing wrong? You would think for $189.00 they would make this easier to use!" THE FLAMES WOULD MELT THE COMPUTER INTO A GLOB! LOL

Just made me laugh out loud for real. And that is why I very rarely peek in on signs101. Sharks and pirahannas is all I see over there.

• Like 3

No MZ Skeeter I won't need a font identified since what I do is Army based and not much personal, I don't need fonts identified. Thanks Skeeter.

All I did was ask for advice for a buddy looking at pinstriping his Harley and you said go search the internet. I forget maybe it's not the old thing, but rather the north thing. Maybe a mixture. I can guarantee you're older and from the North without knowing anything about you. Here is the South we're nice people to each other. We'll give you the shirt off our back if you need it. Guess that's what's different on the internet. Different geography with different types of people.

Just made me laugh out loud for real. And that is why I very rarely peek in on signs101. Sharks and pirahannas is all I see over there.

But a ton of knowledge for the reading . . . .people who studied signs their entire life - here we have maybe a handful that have even heard of Mahl stick.   or know how to use a guilders tip . . . . I feel I have to keep learning to keep living

• Like 1

All I did was ask for advice for a buddy looking at pinstriping his Harley and you said go search the internet. I forget maybe it's not the old thing, but rather the north thing. Maybe a mixture. I can guarantee you're older and from the North without knowing anything about you. Here is the South we're nice people to each other. We'll give you the shirt off our back if you need it. Guess that's what's different on the internet. Different geography with different types of people.

You may want to check my location out before you call north or south on this topic. Just sayin'

So I've been doing Army signs since like July of last year. I know how to vectorize. I'm not an artist. If a buddy says what would look cool on my Harley as a pinstripe or a design, guess what, I don't freaking know. I make signs that go on buildings on base and recruiting posters. So if I ask a question, it's to learn and don't need a smart ass comment back. Because I'm not making money off whatever you tell me.

You may want to check my location out before you call north or south on this topic. Just sayin'

I wasn't talking about you Jaybird

I'm from the south. The same state you are from. And I don't mind helping. But over and over and over. It gets old after a while. Know what I mean.

• Like 1

If you're referring to me, I help people too. I've vectorized stuff for them.

For what you were asking for I believe Google was an appropriate answer but this may make it easier http://lmgtfy.com/?q=harley+pinstripe+images

Dakota made a comment and instead of either accepting it or countering it you went on a tangent. Not very grown up in my opinion.

• Like 2