tooler82

Users willing to help

Yeah,kinda cheap I don't think really meant to do it on purpose, but it happens  in heat of the battle, as he does not have a history of cheap shots, I'm not worried until game 4, we have to play much more disciplined than we have been, very uncharacteristic of or team. But then again we have from behind most of the year, especially after the Olympics, but that it no excuse.

• Like 1

Yeah but they were real tough back then. Not saying we're not tough now, but the times have changed. They let anybody in and it's a new Army. My grandpaw never talked about WWII until I came back from my first tour from Iraq. He told me all about Germany and France. He saw my combat patch was 3rd Army which was General Patton's back then. Told me about them saving him and his men when they got surrounded. He still calls me buck sergeant since that's what the SGT stripes were back in the day. He's a great man. I can't imagine what those guys had to go through. The wars we do now are so much easier than they had it. He was over for 4 years and I only do a year at a time. They were troopers.

During Nam they would have taken A stray dog and made a sergeant out of it right off. Young men that got in trouble and went before the judge often was offered a choice of jail or the army. No I belive they are way more selective now recruits have to at least have a inkling of common sense to be accepted. Nam was all about the infantry in the ditches, swamps, jungles and tunnels. Now they have smart bombs that can be delivered almost up the enemys ass from a long distance away. My Father and uncles were probably even more close combat during ww2 dad never liked to talk about anything but the good times while he served.

• Like 1

You really think folks have more common sense today than 70 or so years ago?

You really think folks have more common sense today than 70 or so years ago?

No not at all not by a looooong strech. But I was saying the selective service is a little more selective now then when they were drafting any and every young man they could to go die in a swamp in Viet Nam.

• Like 1

I know quite a few that have served I have a lot of respect for - but worked with a guy at the prison that is receiving a hefty check for injuries sustained in a basketball game in Afghanistan during leisure time - not really pulling the same respect as say one of our members here that took a high power rifle center mass while fighting.   I worked for the state for 27.5 years and would never have thought of spending the tax payers money chatting on a forum while on duty.  I tried to give the tax payers their moneys worth while on their dime.  unfortunately I knew too many that just came in to draw a check there too,    Integrity comes from within.

I give my full respect to those that served with dignity and honor.  Thank you all for your service

• Like 4

Yeah me also Scott our state has a very high rate of serving in the military and my family from both my mothers and fathers sides my father served with both his brother and 2 of my mothers brothers. One of my mothers youngest brothers died in korea and oldest lost a leg in ww2 and my grandson is in basic in the marines right now. So I have a very high regard for all service personell

• Like 1

Just don't understand what you don't get about me learning this job from ya'll in my job. My Colonel told me to learn all I can. Told me if I don't have something to design, be on the internet researching how to do stuff. So I listen to him.

Just because somebody got hurt playing a sport doesn't mean he doesn't deserve something. If you're at your work and get hurt, you can draw disability. There's no difference. I don't like the people always claiming PTSD when they sat their asses in an office and saw nothing. I've been in some stuff and I'm fine for the most part. I always love how people assume that somebody's not as good of a soldier or an american that they don't even know. It just disguists me.

Tyler, I get it and it isn't personal - they bought a very expensive piece of equipment and software and did you and injustice by not providing proper training on the equipment you had no prior training with.  then said go figure it out on your own - proper training would be much more cost effective way to gain the knowledge for a government agency.  I have witnessed it firsthand and the proper training would save much more money than it would cost, but those buying the nice shiny new thing don't think about that at the time and will sooner or later wonder why it isn't doing everything as quickly as they had thought.  If the money was coming out of their own pockets the thought process would be different.   Heck they gave you much more training on a rifle that cost a lot less.

hang in there

Yeah for sure. I told the Colonel I wish they would send me to some kind of school. He said if I can find one, they'll send me to it. Found an online engraving course from the company that makes our engraver. We shall see.

• Like 1

Are you using Flexi? If so isn't Mark Rugen down in your neck of the woods (maybe it's Alabama) I don't know for sure? But he is the Flexi master, for training.

• Like 1

I just looked him up and found a volume 2 but need to find the volume 1 I guess. It says Version 10 but I have 11.

They did the taxpayers and injustice too, reiterating nothing personal against Tyler.

Floors me that Federal tax dollars paid for this...

• Like 1

If you have a licensed copy, I would call Flexi and see what they offer. Our tax dollars are flipping the bill so why not see what they offer. ;)

• Like 1

mark is the master - and cant remember which printer you have but if a Roland register under the Roland academy as they have a LOT of good seminars on everything do to with the printers - I need to do more of them in the rip and custom versaworks settings myself.  this is I try to use vector graphics as much as I can even printing for sharp images when scaled but now need to continue my education in advanced raster graphics to get better in that area.   great designers go to school for at least 4 years to try to do what we are trying to do.   I try to do a few tutorials, seminars every year.   the nbm shows are coming up and have some training too