altereddezignz

markers or sharpie for sc series

Hello eveeyone. Ok I have tried using sharpie marked Bc with a little tape they fit well in the sc series plotter.my bobble is they bleed through the paper. Copy paper 15x24 blank sheet paper. I jave tried 1 down pressure also moving the head just at where tip touches. Fast slow all the same. I am unable to find actual markers that fit crayon markers are to fat and the holder is far from closing or letting the latch even grab. Any ideas.

I use a Rapidoplot black pen.  I cut 2 pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe and slipped it over the pen.  It clamps in my plotter and does a nice job with out any bleed through.  It doesn't dry out like a sharpie will either. 

post-24657-0-40401300-1398035543_thumb.j

We have a hobby lobby local so I'm going to see if they have something that will fit. If I could figure out an easy way to get it to close or clamp shut the crayon short markers are perfect but they are to fat.

How about the Sharpie Ultra Fine Point markers?  They seem a little thinner and come in a good selection of colors.

post-24657-0-05585100-1398037291_thumb.j

post-24657-0-35232800-1398037363_thumb.j

The no bleed ones work great but takes forever to get a conplete fill on the design. I'm not just using them for the outlines put also filling the colors.

okay, I can see that it would take awhile to fill in the design.  I thought you were just doing the outline.   

just a thought that if you want to print full color with complete fills there are more efficient ways of doing it than with your plotter . . . 

This is not for things i do all the time. Just for special occasions, When i want a specific look to something. I just want to be able to do it when i want to. I have a 24" cannon color plotter for printing.

• Like 1

Can you speed it up more so it doesn't sit in one place as long. That should at least reduce bleed.

I didn't know what pen fill was until I looked it up.  I found this video that shows what I think Altereddezinz is doing.  I now understand how the sharpies bleed through. 

Click here

Thanks to Joe Momma for posting this video on YouTube.