Boyland

Help: older decal, lost project file - need to recreate

I have a decal that I created a couple of months ago and I cannot find the project file.  The decal is basically white lettering (not a standard font).   I have access to all the right tools, a scanner, adobe creative cloud which gives me photoshop, Illustrator etc.

I have an original of the decal (white) which I have not used and it is still on its application tape.  How can I recreate the decal, hence recovering/recreating the project file?

I was thinking that I could apply the decal to a transparency sheet and then scan the image.

Any thoughts or suggestions?   My dilema is, I only have one decal left.  I'm afraid of removing it from the application tape and losing my one opportunity to recreate.  I've tried copying the decal on the transparncy tape; but that's not working.  The lettering is not coming through on the scan.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

QOUTE> I have a decal that I created a couple of months ago and I cannot find the project file.

How can I recreate the decal, hence recovering/recreating the project file?

One would think you would already have the answer to your question.

How did you do it the first time?

• Like 2

darcshadow posted this the other day.... perhaps it may refresh?

QUOTE> Import the image into your design software of choice then with the poly line/bezler tool trace the image.

I had a similar situation a while ago and here's what I did.

I needed to recreate a decal for a client so I took one of his decals, mounted it on a dark background took a photo of it and imported it into my design software.  I was then able to vectorize the image.

Post a photo of the decal, if it's mostly lettering some one will be able to help you identify the font used.

What dwp99 said, or buy a cheap dark colored plastic file folder and apply the decal to it, scan it, and then auto trace it with Illustrator.