I have a ebay customer who bought a larger decal. He messaged me saying the adhesive was messed up when recieved and wants a replacement. My return policy says ill replace messed up decals that have not been attempted to be applied. He says he had to try an apply it

Before he found out and cant show me a picture because he threw it away.

If I had to guess he messed it up trying to put it on or just wants another free one. Do I give in and give him a free one or take a negative feedback?

Im pretty sure he knows he has me in a corner. He found a excuse that sides with him.

I to would just replace it..... It sucks but negative feed back does too.  Now, if he comes back again and says there is a problem then the course of action will have to change in my opinion. 

Replace it , Block Him and save your self the stress and move on to something positive that will make you money

• Like 2

I would also replace it. Send detailed installation instructions and a reminder of your policies. Be polite and move on. Negative attention could far out weigh the replacement costs.

This situation is part of the price of doing business, especially online.

As the others have said,(and I agree) Pony up and Move on.

• Like 2

For the last several years ebay has become friendly to buyers only.  It seems that they could care less about us sellers, starting with their stupid feedback policy etc.

As everyone has said its not worth a negative feedback,  that will hurt you and if you don't have thousands of feedback it will hurt even more.  I don't know why ebay even has us pick a return policy because they will side with the buyer 99.9 % of the time anyway and give them a full refund...

So if you refuse he will probably file a claim against you then you wind up with a negative and he still gets a full refund from ebay.

It's part of business and if you can't deal with that even though it becomes frustrating to us all you have to suck it up and move on, otherwise you don't belong on-line selling ...

• Like 5

This is exactly why I refuse to sell on ebay. It's saturated with vinyl decals, there's no room to make decent money, and things like this burn you.

• Like 1

This is exactly why I refuse to sell on ebay. It's saturated with vinyl decals, there's no room to make decent money, and things like this burn you.

Really?? There is plenty of money out there..  I have made a very good living,, part time on EBAY,  just working from my home, just selling vinyl graphics....   You just gotta have the right niche'. So have others on here.  You do have to work at it.   I am not one of those cheap sellers either..  This is how I have made my living since my factory closed in 2006.

I told him id send another one.

I wish people was just man up and deal with what they mess up. If you do a bad install buy another or do without. Dont be shady and tell the the seller his product is bad.

I told him id send another one.

I wish people was just man up and deal with what they mess up. If you do a bad install buy another or do without. Dont be shady and tell the the seller his product is bad.

Your always going to get those kind of people.  There are people who should not even apply a "band aid" to something, who "think"  they can apply $75.00 decals.  Then want their money back, because they screwed them up.  

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mz SKEETER" data-cid="354909" data-time="1398014969"><p>

Really?? There is plenty of money out there.. I have made a very good living,, part time on EBAY, just working from my home, just selling vinyl graphics.... You just gotta have the right niche'. So have others on here. You do have to work at it. I am not one of those cheap sellers either.. This is how I have made my living since my factory closed in 2006.</p></blockquote>

Well that's good for you...

especially with wall decals you are going to run into those that say it is a problem when they have things like the stain resistant paint that decals won't stick to  - or the ones that just overestimate their ability in applying big decals like skeeter said.

I would of replaced it but he would of paid for shipping and how much vinyl that design used. but he wouldnt of knew it. change your policy also to damaged vinyl must be returned or proof of damage shown.

Im pretty sure if they damage the decal and say it was bad on arrival then they wont send it back so you can see their lie. I bet they would open a ebay case and leave you with a neg in the end.