gcextreme

My First Apron!!

So I am going to be doing the local "Dollar District"' website for the owner, I have been buying glasses and mugs and wine glasses from her for a while.

Anyway, she had a booth at our Motorcycle show, next to my booth, and she wanted some adjustable aprons.

These are really nice quality aprons i got, and i put her logo on them (skarekrow helped with the sprocket circle, thanks!) and i did it in black and white on top.

Let me know what you guys think. So far i've just done this one, she wants 15! I am going to take it to her store today and show her and see if she likes it before i do the others.

Sorry for the camera glare..

20140418_105742_zps543cd985.jpg

20140418_105749_zpsdd57a315.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks...i wasnt sure if i wanted to do it all in white and drop the black background or not. 

I am not making much money on these aprons at all, probably losing money...but if it brings in more business, thats a plus. 

I am doing her website for her, and another one for her husband's business, so i will make plenty of money back from that.

Then go with the two color!  To me that second color just seems to add class.  To me, a lot of times just white on something says "cheap" but hey, it is the Dollar District so who knows right?  LOL

Looks good!

Thanks, i just hope she likes it, then i will bang out the other 14..lol. Really spent more time working on cleaning up her logo than anything. It cut and weeded nicely. took longer for the heat press to heat up than anything, lol.

Looks nice with the black on there. I'd stay 2 color also.

Looks nice with the black on there. I'd stay 2 color also.

Yep, as long as she likes it!

Ok heres probably a really stupid question...but what would the washing instructions for an HTV apron be? you cant turn it inside out like a shirt...so..im guessing just no bleach, mild detergent, dry on low heat or hang dry??

• Like 1

Just like shirt except for the inside out part.

• Like 1

Ok thats what i figured. What do u think the lifespan of it will be like? Like how many washes..etc..is it shorter than a shirt?

Would depend on how often, and how bad it gets soiled, I would reckon.

Do the aprons have that sizing crap on them?

Aprons don't usually get washed near as often as shirts so they should have a pretty long life.

• Like 1

lol i just read the tag, washing instructions include " DO NOT IRON"....lol hows that for a heat press tho? lol

• Like 2

Just to let you guys know, im not making much off this sale, but its leading to more business with her, doing her website, doing vinyl on her front store windows, etc.

The aprons were $10 each, i charged her $11 for them, plus $4 for putting her logo on them.

So i am making $5 an apron. 5x15=$75. Plus i had to pay for shipping the aprons to me, $12. So $12-$75= $63.

So $63, of course this doesn't include the actual cost of the htv materials.

So for 15 logos, each logo is 9", i can do three of them on a 15" wide htv roll, thats 5 segments of 9" htv, so approximately 45" of htv per color, so about 90" total used. (white and black).

So a roll of htv is about $3 a foot...i am using about 8', thats about $24 worth of material.

$63 - $24= $39.

So what would you have charged for these individually?

With the 2 color I'd be around $18 but I only pay $5 for my full length aprons so makes a difference. Sometimes you make it up on the back end like yourself with the website work, sometimes you don't.

I am working on her store front logo and hours, looking at about 22"x20" in one color, for about $40. Really easy, just her logo and her store hours...she wants one done first, and then she has three other doors she may want done too, plus her van and her husband's truck...so its leading to more work.

Oh and this graphtec is cutting these logos like a champ!!!  "YO ADRIAN...I DID IT!"

• Like 1

way to cheap, no wonder your scared to get a storefront, those would be $30.00 + where i'm from. So what your working on her website windows etc.,