Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Quick update on my moms health.

Last Friday she had a low heart beat rate, however of the weekend she improved drastically she started eating food which she wasn't doing and she even sits up and drinks soda, water, milk or whatever she wants. Her Doc gave her jelly filled doughnuts and he doesn't do that for any of his patience. The good news is she will be going to another facility to start Physical Therapy and learn how to walk with a prostatic foot since they cut hers basically off.

Dad status is he still needs a hip replacement, however the shot they gave him in the hips seem to help a little now he complains his knees are bad cause of how he used them to support his body before he collapsed before Christmas. So now he has PT again. The great news about that is he now gets up more and he admits its getting easier.

• Like 4

Sounds like a little progress,   and any is better than none. 

Glad to here some good news for a change. At least they're heading in the right direction now.

sounds good for them and the longer your father goes to pt and moves the better it will get. When I fell from a roof and damn near killed myself I was suppoused to be disabled for life according to the doctors the surgeon that rebuilt my right shoulder that was completly tore apart at the rotator cuff said that after 12-18 months in pt I would be able to get my arm chest high if I was lucky after 4 months I had returned to working and able to work above my head of course I was young then only in my 50s but keeping moving works.

Glad to hear you didn't end up disabled, and wow sounds like that's was one helluva fall. Yeah I try to get him up and move more but he is so stubborn. One of these days he will be himself again.

Glad to hear you didn't end up disabled, and wow sounds like that's was one helluva fall. Yeah I try to get him up and move more but he is so stubborn. One of these days he will be himself again.

Yeah it was quite a fall but with no insurance and the only income source I had to rebound quickly....as the bank accounts was dropping very quickly with all the hospital bills, pt and medications so I rehabed my self more or less. Movement after being immobile for a while can be very hard but the more you move the easier it is even with injuries and onset athritis from them moving keeps you moving. Sorta like the ad for some pill a body in motion stays in motion. I'll be 66 in a couple months and still crawl around under houses work on 20-40 ft high signs and do repairs on houses almost every day try to get him to move as much as possible.