Sign in to follow this  
security802

ticking noise

So today trying to get a job cut and I have a ticking noise when the vinyl is advancing. Anyone have any input on where to look to figure it out

My cutter was doing that and I got to looking and where the blade runs back and forth there is a strip of tape or laminate something. A piece of that had came loose and the vinyl was sticking to it. I put a piece of packing tape over it and kept going.

Maybe one of the set-screws on the grit roller axle has worked itself loose and is sticking out a bit?

• Like 1

Maybe one of the set-screws on the grit roller axle has worked itself loose and is sticking out a bit?

I almost that this as well, but noticed when moving it by the buttons it does not tick, only well in cutting mode.. I'm going to take and pull some covers and check screws anyways tonight

What you just described (making the ticking when cutting, but not when manually advancing) would indicate that there is no mechanical problem causing it because the sound would occur no matter what, as the grit roller spins.

However, you may have a relay issue.

The relay will only kick in when the unit is processing data of a cut (it's controlled from the motherboard circuits).

When using the manual feed buttons, that circuit relay is not being utilized.

• Like 2

What you just described (making the ticking when cutting, but not when manually advancing) would indicate that there is no mechanical problem causing it because the sound would occur no matter what, as the grit roller spins.

However, you may have a relay issue.

The relay will only kick in when the unit is processing data of a cut (it's controlled from the motherboard circuits).

When using the manual feed buttons, that circuit relay is not being utilized.

Thanks for the info Slice :thumbsup: