gcextreme

Need Help with Weld-Punch Through

I have a tire tread pattern, and i am putting "GOT MUDD?" in the middle of it, and when i punch through it cuts out the area for the text, but how can i make that area larger so its not so tight?

Increase the size of the tread pattern or decrease the size of the text.

yeah i tried that, they dont line up...so what i did was outlined the text bigger, used that to punch thru, then put the original text back into it.

the issue with adjusting the text size or tread size is the areas in the center of the text get goofy.

just wondering if there was a way to adjust the punch thru size...

post-38025-0-28935900-1397530542_thumb.j

I would do like the bottom right one. Just remove the thread parts in the letters and maybe the one between the O and T. I think it clutters it.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too. Its going on a friends tailgate tho..so it will be plenty big..buthe wants a shirt too..so maybe remove it for the shirt..but keep it for the large tailgate?

Because it can be spelled both ways. Mud or Mudd.

As in the band Puddle of Mudd..

Mudd is most often refferred to as a name..as it is in this case.. my friends last name is Mudd..

I would go with the bottom right version.  Increase the stroke around the lettering a bit more (white space) and remove the tread parts that still remain inside the lettering...such as in the "O" and "D".  Maybe even remove the little piece in the "G" and "U" as well...this will give the appearance of more space and become less cluttered without altering the design too much. 

...so what i did was outlined the text bigger, used that to punch thru, then put the original text back into it.

the issue with adjusting the text size or tread size is the areas in the center of the text get goofy.

just wondering if there was a way to adjust the punch thru size...

That's exactly how you do it. The punch through punches exactly what you see through the lower item.

Ok heres the other spelling samples...with one 'D' in MUD.

I like the bottom one.  The cut through with a thick black stroke works well with the design.  Ties it all together and still clear enough to read it. 

The bottom one is a one color version. The center of the letters will be cut out so whatever its applied to will show thru. The top one isa two colored layered one. So the words can be any color vinyl.

Agreed... Looks good. Legibility is the main issue with the tire tread pattern. It's gonna look busy no matter.

Here it is with another mat (a white one) added to further seperate it from the background treads.

Also the holes in the letters are filled in.

post-43059-0-81515100-1397654141_thumb.p

Well, it's not meant to be a finished product... It's not even the right font. Threw it together

to show the 2nd mat (the white one) and the letters filled in, for more Legibility. (eye on the ball, gc)

• Like 3

Well i did a shirt with it...very happy with the way it turned out...sorry about the camera flash glare from the white htv

20140416_210851_zps55e75b5c.jpg

Also i am thinking of doing another one and just having the tire tread running vertically, and putting "ROAD KILL" on it...

• Like 4