Sign in to follow this  
CSDesigns

new heat press,

my heat press just came in  and im ready to start making shirts!

i bought some siser easy weed from here  and i was just wondering  what temperature do i have to set my press to  and  how many seconds  should i press it...i have a sunie heat press

Pre press 6 secs then 16 seconds  @ 320 secs here. Plenty of pressure. Look for fabric texture on HTV.

• Like 1

another question.. ive seen some how to videos on youtube  and  i see some people using the teflon sheet  and some  that are not     is it required ?

yes I always use a teflon sheet to protect my transfer  - only will take once of having it upside down or too hot that it melts to you platen to make it a cheap investment

• Like 1

Huh so you guys have one of the oversized sheets and wrap the top platen too? That's interesting. I have a teflon cover on my lower platen for sure but have always used a loose one on top. I rarely used my oversized teflon so I punched small holes in it and tied it to build a makeshift lower platen cover for that Hix press I fell into a while back and have been sticking with either using the 15"x19" Kraft paper that I bought from Stahls or lately using that miracle of miracles parchment paper that is cheap and handy and I don't mind tossing it if it starts to get wrinkles. I actually stopped using the teflon partly because it had some creases that were showing through on some of my HTV jobs. Mostly silver.  

I use the teflon almost exclusively and change it out every few months because it does wear out over time. When I used to lay a sheet manually more than once  I was in a hurry and forgot to use a sheet and it can be a mess depending on what you're doing.

... forgot to use a sheet and it can be a mess depending on what you're doing.

Been there and done that. 

Been there and done that. 

I think we all have. It's a right of passage but the one that always comes to mind is when OW did it.

Ha ha! I had a piece of adhesive vinyl that was wanting to curl up on me bad and I had the thought that maybe I could just stick it under there for a few minutes while the press was starting to heat up and then shut it right back off and let it cool and maybe it would flatten out good. Phone rang about the time I switched on the press and...well you know the rest. 

• Like 2

i set the timer  but  as soon as i switch  the press on  it starts counting down   i would of thought it started  when i actually close  it

i set the timer  but  as soon as i switch  the press on  it starts counting down   i would of thought it started  when i actually close  it

Make sure that the press is open all the way. If it still beeps, see if you can adjust the timer micro switch. It might not be making contact with the arm.

the switch is making contact  i can manually press it  but  it dosent do anything  it just keeps counting down

Next step would be is to pull the covers off the press and check for loose wires of possibly crossed wires. Where did you get the press and is there a warranty with it? If so, call for tech help.