tyamp

horrible experience

Tyamp

Ever go to a store or restaurant that does things completely differernt than how you're used to seeing it done and you're sure you're going to get up and walk out - but then as time progresses, you become more and more 'in tune' with how/why they're doing things and end up really liking that store or restaurant?

Welcome to US Cutter

I say that because I too once made a post somewhere on here (all be it when their customer service wasn't near what it is today - it's 10X better today) and didn't grasp the whole "Ok, there's an issue with a brand new device but I have to fix it concept" yet I started to understand more and more as time wore on. You bought an inexpensive plotter. Honestly, getting a little hands on launched my knowledge of plotters quite a bit.

These things get shipped overseas, then across the country. Things come off, come out of their tracks, come loose. It's an inexpensive plotter. Having owned 1 Seiki Tech, and 3 or 4 MH Series (US Cutter) and now a Graphtec I can honestly say next plotter go with a Graphtec if you want precision quality. These machines cost well in excess of 1k new, often up to 3 or 4k - if you bought one for a couple/few hundred dollars, expect to have to get your hands dirty.

The company though, has a plotter manufactured to where it IS user maintainable and as mentioned these things are designed in "chunks" where parts can be swapped, on the fly, by the customer.

if you're not happy with the purchase, I'd suggest you do one of two things

1. Follow the path that thousands of others have - Learn a little about your plotter beyond the blade (The company and this forum WILL help you every step of the way provided you're willing to learn and not stomp your feet)

2. Call them and inquire about upgrading to a CE5000 or CE6000 (I can attest for the sheer quality in my 6000)

I'm not trying to be short, rude, or unhelpful - Just painfully honest, which is probably what you need at this point.

These folks, and the company WILL help you if you let em

At first the expierience caused me to panic alittle. but then I quelled my emotion and relied on logic.

Looking to Forums and asking question has made me independent and knowledgable about my new machine.

Proceed with confidence and trust that most questions will be answered.

• Like 1

I've new and spent MANY hours trying to learn from this forum before I ask TOO many questions....But I kinda HATE it and think it's in bad taste to the people that have helped them, NOT to come back and say HOW they solved the problem    :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  tyamp didn't give anyone here any specifics of what was wrong, whether she took a lot of advice on what to do and didn't tell us if he/she got the same cutter, a different one, if USC gave her credit for her old one, etc. etc. etc.

No respect to everyone that tried to help her, much less for those newbies who want to learn :(

Someone slap me if I EVER do this to you guys and girls !!!!!!!!!

Oh, btw, I'm sure all of you who help are as frustrated (pun intended ;) ) as much as I am of this, but you STILL continue to help :) !!!!!!!! MUCH MAHALOS :) !!!!!!!

I spent LOTS of hours this past week reading this forum, learning as much as I can with questions I have in my mind. Only when I can't find it for some reason (probably my fault), THEN I ask a question.

But tyamp here, DIDN'T give enough specifics of what was wrong with his/her cutter (after a few of you kept asking for more specifics), and at the end didn't tell us what cutter he'she upgraded to after a few of you gave suggestions.

I find that quite often people ask for help, but they don't post when they figured how it was solved and give thanks and say how it was fixed.

#norespect

Oh, and just to say thanks to you all who I"m sure are as frustrated (pun intended ;) ) as I am at this, but you STILL continue to help :) !!!!!!!!

The only thing worse is when they ask for support (and this applies to all tech support forums, not specifically this one) and 57 different people offer 116 different suggestions and the OP comes back and says "Thanks - I tried what you suggested and now it's working 100%" and then falls off the face of the earth...

Seriously?  Which person did you listen to? Which suggestion fixed it?  

No, I stand corrected, that's the second worst thing.   THE worst thing is when people don't read any of the posted threads - don't do a search - and then start a whole new thread for a super common problem that has already been answered 187,000 times...

• Like 2

I have actually done Google searches for answers to technical PC issues and found an entry on an obscure forum where someone details the exact same problem I've encountered and scrolling down through the thread I see "Thanks for the private message with the solution to the problem. It's all fixed now!" and it's dated 32 months ago and none of those people are still active on the forums...  Great, thanks a pants load, Chet...

• Like 1

I think the one that gets me the most, is "I am wanting to buy a new cutter, I want it to do this and this,  which one do I need?"   And this same question is also answered 5,000 zillion times in the SAME thread they just posted to.... :-\ .

• Like 2

OW,

he took the advice of that guy. You know, that guy. He said to try that and he did. 
And would you believe that worked. It was obvious all along. 
He said it would work and all he had to do was try that.

And bringing up a thread that was over a year old helped him lots.

What's so hard to understand that? 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  :lol:

I built a birdhouse once it got condemned...and I was able to work on it successfully.  They will walk you through it, or you can ship it back which is how 99% of online warranties work..