tyamp

horrible experience

yes i get it. i paid for the software.... fixer upper cutter is a added bonus.I just wish i was a vet like you guys.not really comfortable opening up machine and fixing.

what did UScutter tell you to do?

Depends on what's wrong with it... you may not have to open it up to fix it.

Have you checked the grit rollers and that the pressure levers for them are engaged? (as suggested)

Is the machine making a sound like it is trying to move the vinyl?

I built a birdhouse once...it got condemned...and I was able to work on it successfully.  They'll walk you through it, or you can ship it back (on your dime) which is how 99% of online warranties work

...So if i decide upgrade again can you guys please suggest which cutter a novice like me should be saving up for? Thans again!!!

GRAPHTEC.....

$1600 well spent...solid professional machine, from opening it up out of the box, i was cutting good decals within 30 minutes.

Next cheaper choice would be the Laserpoint II.

Work your way up, copam is a great price right now and solid, then move up to the titan2, after you make the money and can still sell the old one for a good price, final move is to the graphtec . . . My personal favorite, although Roland go 24 is a nice machine

yes - titan 2 is below the graphtec - it is a nice machine but still love the graphtecs - I also rate the roland below the graphtec other than for contour cutting - which it is the champ at hands down.

Oh just looking at it on the uscutter buyers guide..its right next to it..but the titan2 has more force??

I assumed they were pretty much the same.

And yeah i love my graphtec ce5000-60. Maybe later on i will get the ce6000.

• Like 2

force is one thing it is top at - should do fine with most sandblast mask but I don't deal in that a lot.    each machine has it strengths.

I did similar to what you are doing. Started out almost on a lark to see if I could get into a new hobby that might actually make a little money. Possibly even pay for the investment. I started a little higher in the line-up with a P-Cut which was a few steps up from the MH at the time but still fairly affordable. Before I knew it I had also spent money on a heat press and some app tools and inventory of vinyl. I was worried I was wasting money on a goof idea but hoped it would at least be fun. My niece had a cricut and within about 10 minutes I could tell the P-Cut was about 100 light years ahead of that thing and so could she. I ran that thing for about 2-1/2 years and it paid for itself and the heat press in just a couple jobs. I have since upgraded to a real nice cutter and didn't even worry too much about the expense this time around. (Summa D75r, with stand and extra 60* blade was about $3,200 if I remember right). That was last june and it has already paid for itself too. 

You don't need a Graphtec but they are real nice and can do a few things that you won't be able to do with a budget cutter. If you can stick to it and learn the trade you can be making the money back real easy. If you have budget restrictions like most of us have then I would suggest a slight upgrade from the MH to the SC or maybe the laser point and plan to still have some glitch issues but they're surmountable. If you can swing the money for a Graphtec you gain the added ability to easily re-sell the thing. It's way hard to sell the budget cutters used. Graphtec's hold their value because they are built so much better and they have the name recognition. You might look for a used cutter too.  

send it back

Out of curiosity was that by direction based on the tone of your conversation with them, or based on what's wrong with it not being able to be fixed (or you not being comfortable doing it)?  Count to 10 and call them back and talk with them about it maybe tomorrow if you think it's a 'conversation tone' issue.  Cooler heads prevail.

what did UScutter tell you to do? --- "send it back"

Uh, that's not what you originally mentioned they said.

In this thread, you posted that USCUTTER Support gave you instructions on how to "open up my machine and fix it myself"

These things are a piece of cake to open, if you know how to use a phillips screwdriver.

My MH unit had a USB port snap (my fault, tripped on the cable) and I had the replacement USB port circuit board shipped ($50) and popped it into place in five minutes.

To this very moment, we still don't see what is wrong and how USCUTTER support techs described to you how to proceed to fix it, exactly.

From what you've indicated in the other thread, the grit rollers are not moving?

In this thread, you posted that USCUTTER Support gave you instructions on how to "open up my machine and fix it myself"

These things are a piece of cake to open, if you know how to use a phillips screwdriver.

My MH unit had a USB port snap (my fault, tripped on the cable) and I had the replacement USB port circuit board shipped ($50) and popped it into place in five minutes.

To this very moment, we still don't see what is wrong and how USCUTTER support techs described to you how to proceed to fix it, exactly.

From what you've indicated in the other thread, the grit rollers are not moving?

Slice think about some of the customers you have come into the shop and you try to explain layout, kerning, colors, why you use vector graphics and what they are - - now put that same person in front of a cutter and say fix it.     maybe a few wraps with the fist or tool and "nope don't work so lets go get a beer.   "maybe things just need to settle in a bit before it works on it's own"   com'on you know the ones,  I had to train ALL staff to use a video camera and was told to have it done before my vacation in 2 weeks. - at the end of the 2 weeks I was asked by the capt if everyone had been trained and could run the new cameras.  I calmly explained that all had received the training and as much hands on time I could get..  he said to they all can do it.    I said they all had the training but for someone to useful in a situation they needed to retain that knowledge and be able to retrieve it in some kind of order.  some will make it function - some you don't have a icicle's chance in hell cause they just are not wired right for operating any machinery.    he gave me a little grief and then I reminded him how it went on the gun range with those same people (some were not allowed to have live ammo with them when training) . . .  . .he got a funny look on his face and said have a good vacation

• Like 4

Looks like the only "Horrible Experience" so far is just following this thread. Sorry Guys, I'm outta here.

• Like 4

i did as instructed and opened it.the screws were too tight...now there too loose.When i called back i was givin option to send it back

USCutter will not let you down. My small run cutter is a 34" that I bought a few years back on a $600 special. A few months ago it went rogue, cutting letters as if haunted.  WAY BEYOND WARRANTY - USCutter walked me through a few steps, determined the mother board was fried and sent me another one WITH directions. 

There ya go, wasn't so horrible an experience after all, was it? !!!

• Like 1

There ya go, wasn't so horrible an experience after all, was it? !!!

That may still be undecided but hopefully the Chinese gremlins will leave him a lone this time around. 

• Like 1

Good luck tyamp!  :thumbsup:  Did you change models or stay with the MH?

mh working just fine

That may still be undecided but hopefully the Chinese gremlins will leave him a lone this time around. 

just don't feed it after midnight and don't get it wet

• Like 4

mh working just fine

Sounds like pretty good service two days and a new cutter actually sounds like a very good experince to me.

• Like 1