tyamp

horrible experience

i was just told to open up my machine and fix it myself.....i think this is a horrible way to handle problems. Out of the box my mh 871 doesnt work(fri).So i wait til today(mon) and call for support and im told to fix it myself.

It could be a very simple problem to fix it,  You don't state what the problem is, what is not working?  It may only be a loose wire etc.  They are trying to save you the cost of shipping it back,   When it could be something very simple    So, what is the problem?   Explain.  

• Like 3

I cannot see how Customer Support offering you a way to "fix it" (and I have to assume they told you what to do) is in any way a horrible experience.

Anyone who owns a cutter will have to do some self-servicing now and then, it just depends on how complicated it can get.

Your equipment has a short warranty (90 days) and after that, you'll be fixin' it on your own anyway if things go haywire.

We have tried to assist you here, although no feedback is forthcoming from you on what steps you've taken, and what exactly is happening.

I think you can send it back under warranty but you are required to pay shipping which is pretty steep. 

i was just told to open up my machine and fix it myself.....i think this is a horrible way to handle problems. Out of the box my mh 871 doesnt work(fri).So i wait til today(mon) and call for support and im told to fix it myself.
not right out the box

Wow...u really need to provide us with more details than this...

All we know from this little bit of unspecific info is...you opend it up and took it "out of the box" and it doesnt work...

Did u plug it in? Did u turn it on?

Did u feed vinyl thru it? Did u set up the blade? Did u read any instructions or the owner's manual??

We dont have a clue where your problem lies because you fail to give us any specific information.

• Like 1

Tyamp

Ever go to a store or restaurant that does things completely differernt than how you're used to seeing it done and you're sure you're going to get up and walk out - but then as time progresses, you become more and more 'in tune' with how/why they're doing things and end up really liking that store or restaurant?

Welcome to US Cutter

I say that because I too once made a post somewhere on here (all be it when their customer service wasn't near what it is today - it's 10X better today) and didn't grasp the whole "Ok, there's an issue with a brand new device but I have to fix it concept" yet I started to understand more and more as time wore on. You bought an inexpensive plotter. Honestly, getting a little hands on launched my knowledge of plotters quite a bit.

These things get shipped overseas, then across the country. Things come off, come out of their tracks, come loose. It's an inexpensive plotter. Having owned 1 Seiki Tech, and 3 or 4 MH Series (US Cutter) and now a Graphtec I can honestly say next plotter go with a Graphtec if you want precision quality. These machines cost well in excess of 1k new, often up to 3 or 4k - if you bought one for a couple/few hundred dollars, expect to have to get your hands dirty.

The company though, has a plotter manufactured to where it IS user maintainable and as mentioned these things are designed in "chunks" where parts can be swapped, on the fly, by the customer.

if you're not happy with the purchase, I'd suggest you do one of two things

1. Follow the path that thousands of others have - Learn a little about your plotter beyond the blade (The company and this forum WILL help you every step of the way provided you're willing to learn and not stomp your feet)

2. Call them and inquire about upgrading to a CE5000 or CE6000 (I can attest for the sheer quality in my 6000)

I'm not trying to be short, rude, or unhelpful - Just painfully honest, which is probably what you need at this point.

These folks, and the company WILL help you if you let em

• Like 4

Pack it up,ship it back,at your expense,as per the stated terms when you bought it.

• Like 3

not right out the box

Understand your thought process here but hell... Put me on a plane from China and when I land at Burlington International I PROMISE you some of my parts ain't gonna work no more - just a product of shipping around the world.  It happens.

As others have said they're willing to save you some money and time by shipping parts and walking you through it.  You chose to buy a cheap plotter - I'd choose to do the cheaper fix as well or upgrade and pay 1500+

Also, to explain how cheap of a cutter it is...consider this:

MH Cutter with SCALP software is $199.

SCALP Software alone is $199.

Does that make sense??

• Like 4

clearly stated in the terms when purchased - if you get a pro machine it is different but when you purchase a hobby cutter at the lowest price anywhere it states you pay shipping or they ship you parts to fix it

• Like 1

clearly stated in the terms when purchased - if you get a pro machine it is different but when you purchase a hobby cutter at the lowest price anywhere it states you pay shipping or they ship you parts to fix it

Well, that should take care of it!

I think one of the things you have to learn, And all of us learned it at some point in time, is that a cutter is NOTHING like a printer. There is no easy button that you can just push and it's done. Bummer that it has a glitch right out of the box on top of that so we feel for you and the group here is just a bunch of folks who were in your shoes...and have figured out this awesome ride and we're livin' the life baby!....oh excuse me I kind of got off track there for a sec. So anyway, give it a little chance. 

• Like 1

I think one of the things you have to learn, And all of us learned it at some point in time, is that a cutter is NOTHING like a printer. There is no easy button that you can just push and it's done. Bummer that it has a glitch right out of the box on top of that so we feel for you and the group here is just a bunch of folks who were in your shoes...and have figured out this awesome ride and we're livin' the life baby!....oh excuse me I kind of got off track there for a sec. So anyway, give it a little chance. 

haha off track - Had a plotter show up with that issue ;) It happens... Well stated though. Only tinkering I've done with my graphtec is take video of it so I can show people just how quiet that thing is.. hahaha - It's like they say. "Once you go Graphtec - You never go Back" ((ok, well they SHOULD say it))

• Like 2

my first cutter after 20 minutes of cutting - 2am quiet basement - sounded like a shotgun going off - capacitor was installed backwards from the factory - after 2 mb, power supply and control panel I paid shipping back and got a different one - never had a problem since.   ummm after my heart restarted. 

it happens and we took the chance paying for the lower end cut on the hog

post-2742-0-49207500-1397511687_thumb.jp

• Like 1

scared the bejesus out of me to be honest - quiet echoing basement - real adrenaline moment

US Cutter also performs random Heart Stress Tests - at no extra charge!

You're still typing so you pass!

• Like 2

Thanks everybody....For all the insight.I got the silhouette 1st because im just getting started and didnt want to spend1500 on a hobby. it worked for a week or so and then started to only cut half of the design. i called and was told i could upgrade (mh 871). Now i hear you get what you pay for.Which by the way i understand.its cheap but it should still work . So if i decide upgrade again can you guys please suggest which cutter a novice like me should be saving up for? Thans again!!!

Maybe the comment doesn't fit here so well but I'll take the opportunity to say it again.

(imo) This (the MH) is the Plotter US Cutter needs to drop from the lineup.

• Like 3

Also, to explain how cheap of a cutter it is...consider this:

MH Cutter with SCALP software is $199.

SCALP Software alone is $199.

Does that make sense??

yes i get it. i paid for the software.... fixer upper cutter is a added bonus.I just wish i was a vet like you guys.not really comfortable opening up machine and fixing.