petroman2012

Here I go again...

I am debating on either buy'in me a NEW Co-Pam professional OR the NEW TITAN...Now who wants to tell me some pro and Con on either PLEASE..

Just wanna get a simple over view other than the hype on the product page...Movin back to the Homeland and wanna get a head start on some business elements in Clay County.....

Petro your back man I missed ya bud, I have heard good reviews about the Titan2 Dakota is testing one and he compared it to a Graphtec and said its very close.

yea, I am trying to muster a few things before going back to the homeland, wanna get alittle more independent than what I am now...Wanna buy new equipment in days to come but want some insight as to whether price is good or is it all BS to get someone to buy it.

Homeland by your mom? I heard positives on the Titan2 like I said earlier Dakota has played with it and so has Bannerjohn I believe, hopefully one of them can shine some light on the subject. I would like to upgrade from my MH series but the sublimation thing is taking off better than anything else for me, ok the can coolies with vinyl is really taking off too. To bad winter came back lol.

I almost bought the Titan and after talking to Scott, John and others within the company it sounds like a solid machine. I changed my mind simply because i've been getting hammered with screen printing and sublimation lately so it negated the need for another cutter, at least for now.

I almost bought the Titan and after talking to Scott, John and others within the company it sounds like a solid machine. I changed my mind simply because i've been getting hammered with screen printing and sublimation lately so it negated the need for another cutter, at least for now.

Plus you were talking about the embroidery machine, like me and my roland that no one wants to loan me money for.

Money for the cutter wasn't an issue just getting swamped with other things. Won't be long at this rate and I'll end up being an apparel store instead of signs. I so want the embroidery machine but that is a money issue for sure. 

Money for the cutter wasn't an issue just getting swamped with other things. Won't be long at this rate and I'll end up being an apparel store instead of signs. I so want the embroidery machine but that is a money issue for sure. 

That's true, apparel shop with the sign shop isn't bad you gotta do what ya gotta do to make money.

600 shirts in stock and only 3 sheets of sign substrate. Wonder which way it's heading lol.

I too wanted to be a sign shop but am flooded all the time with shirt orders.... either for family pictures, parent shirts for sports, school logo's etc.

I did buy an embroidery machine and here it still sits.  I got a used one from craigs list and I did put a few hats through it and have discovered (since I have now knowledge or background in it)  there is a learning curve.  I have been flipping back and forth about selling it.  I mean, I have always wanted one but don't have the time to mess with it or learn.  You watch.... the day it leaves will be the day shirts and signs comes to a halt.....

• Like 1

I would hang on to it. Like they say it isn't eating anything and once you get time to mess with it you'll have a whole new product line to offer.

Petro are you still trying to contour cut print vinyl like you had mentioned a while back? If so I'd try to scrape up enough to for a Graphtec because of the ARMS they have built in.

Ahhh....About to send them 1004 dollars for that monkey....I have tried 4 times to put in words about the whys and where fores and you know what no matter what I say it all still comes back to what I want to do and try....My latest creations are laying, waiting to be cut and pursued...What made me look for better is someone asked for a 3 x 3 fleur-de-lis and well this unit LP II just didnt want to cut it properly but again I have never tried the DIME cut test..So cutting acuracy and perfection is a 1 dollar to 1000 dollars from each other..GraphTec is the cats butt and I would gladly lay it out but I think I can make a 3 wheel bicycle run just as good as a motorized 4 wheeler, now to some of yall that might not be logical but hey..You do what ya gotta do and I think ......Well I think I am gonna quit runnin my mouth...Thanks to all who have commented and advised me on this.....I am gettin to old....

Petro your not getting old just worn out from working. I would bite the bullet if I could for the titan2, it sounds so much better than any other UScutter, look what I'm using a MH series and a silhouette cameo which I use more than the MH. And oh not cool your artwork is sitting there waiting to be cut the world needs to see it sir, I love your artwork and the 2 bits you said here kid take it I did lol

If you're not contouring I'd go with the Titan2 and save a few bucks for other stuff. Just glad to see coming around here more.

If you're not contouring I'd go with the Titan2 and save a few bucks for other stuff. Just glad to see coming around here more.

Why not the titan 2 it has laser registration for contour cutting.

Not automatic like Graphtec. I've done manual for a while and given the choice I'd go automatic any day.

Too late..already done it..Now I wait....wait....wait....wait...old lady wanted me to get it last week but I wanted to at least check my local Walmart or Dollar General for any bargains...Been a long day..goin home...take me a pain killer and sit down and watch some old episodes of  Eureka

2 things - stacey had a nice babylock ebroidery machine for a year - I have too many things going on to learn and run that too - she has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to that so I sold it along with the screen printing stuff before I got all the way into it - yes it would be profitable but for the mess and space it takes I have other things going on.   

on the plotter graphtec for the fine detail, roland for the easiest contour cutting and the titan does good manual contour

I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

• Like 1

I don't know where I'm going

But, I sure know where I've been

Hanging on the promises

In songs of yesterday

An' I've made up my mind,

I ain't wasting no more time

But, here I go again

Here I go again

here I go again on my own

going down the only road I've ever known

like a drifter I was born to walk alone

• Like 1

Thank you.....My primary interest is the element that what was posted on the ad page" HARD PAPER BOARD and SAND BLAST STENCIL..So I begin as I did originally when I began this journey to teach myself VINYL SICKNESS.....I want to thank Dakota as he has answered a many of question, Jaybird as I know little of him but since my cat growls at his Icon when she see's it makes him ok...MadHatter has always had a kind word....enough sucking up.....I am once again stepping out on a gradiosso attempt to spread the good faith and to ward off anyone who is still hooked on crayolas....So again I start searching for the 2 topic's and find these materials as I forgot to mention I laso have 1 hell of a compressor and am still thinking Glass etching is the true way to heaven by-passing the POPE..... Oh..Heres 2 1-hr ago images  of the wifes work area with her embroidery emporium....She really does good work but I keep pressing her to open her mind and let the imagination run forth...

post-36467-0-36226600-1397520917_thumb.j

post-36467-0-15729900-1397520939_thumb.j

She has a nice looking sewing set-up. That's cool. Good luck on whatever you decide to do!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

for thick stuff the titan2 has the most down force of about any cutter I have seen - I think only gcc has some with that much downforce.   like I said each has its strengths